incentive ? Blah

Financial support for wind and solar power in Australia - rebates, grants and feed in tariffs - can be a nightmare in navigating all the rules and regulations. Ask your questions and view related information here.

incentive ? Blah

Postby BeeMee » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:24 am

Just had the email about this solarcoin crud. Yeah in ya next life will I join that.

1 SLR per 1 MWh, I have had solar for 2 years and put in about 15,000kWh and I am a long way short of a MWh. They are going to have to come up with something a helluva lot better to get me interested.

1. It needs to be a lot lower than a MWh for payment. I had heard its worth 20 dollars but that's unconfirmed.

2. A whole of businesses would have to be active, especially in my area of Bundaberg who wont even give a pensioner discount to anyone, with or without a seniors card. (they are a tight fisted lot).

At the moment, I feel to move into his direction means I am going to get shafted somewhere.
I will remain as I am, and let others scream when they find out that their once couple of hundred dollars per quarter, equates to no cash at all because they haven't reached the 1MWh.
BeeMee
Solar Fanatic
Solar Fanatic

Re: incentive ? Blah

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:38 am

15000kWh = 15MWh
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby BeeMee » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:06 pm

15000kWh = 15MWh

So on that I would receive 15 solarcoins at a value of $20 each (if they choose this amount), and that equates to $300.00 for the past 2 years I have been grid connected?

No thanks, they had better think again.
So far I have been paid in cash around $2,000.00 in total for the same time period. And that assists in paying for everything else that is going up, when the pension is pathetically increased (last increase was $1.70 per person per fortnight).

Said someone is going to be shafted and I was right.
BeeMee
Solar Fanatic
Solar Fanatic

Postby offgridQLD » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:39 pm

Is it just me or are there a lot of people in Au that think the government and or everybody supporting the government by paying taxes owes them something for nothing.

Why should the businesses of Bundaberg subsidizes pensioners.
offgridQLD
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby bpratt » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:51 pm

offgridQLD wrote:Why should the businesses of Bundaberg subsidizes pensioners.

Huh ?

What are the businesses of Bundaberg subsidising the pensioners ? Like what's so special about Bundaberg ? ;)
Kaco 6600
26 x Trina Honey 250w panels. (wish I could work out how to upload to pvoutput.org)

New house build :-
http://bandlnewhomebuild.blogspot.com

My weather station :-
http://jimboombaweather.com
bpratt
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby jules » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:51 pm

So can you see a way to detach yourself from the grid beemee?

I ask because I've lived with a smallish standalone system for many, many years, starting from a time when solar equipment cost many multiples of what it's worth now AND it's cost me less than it would have cost if I'd been on the grid.

Now, it looks to me that people who can't afford the grid could, with a certain amount of cunning, live more cheaply with a stand-alone system even if it did require reduced power consumption and increased efficiency.

... or everybody supporting the government by paying taxes owes them something for nothing.

In a way I agree with you offgrid but there's a contradiction in there and it's important. If we pay taxes we have an "entitlement" [seemingly a dirty word at the moment] to see something in return. I'd hope that most people don't expect a dollar for dollar return of the tax they pay, accepting that schools, hospitals, roads etc are worthy money spent but individuals do deserve some personal return for tax paid.
Primary system: .8KW Trina panels; Plasmatronics PL40; 1,000Ah VRLA 12X2V battery bank; 1.7KW Selectronic inverter. Off grid for 30 years.

Spares; 5 x 12V, 1,000 Ah batteries plus a couple of regulators
jules
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby offgridQLD » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Yes, I agree I dont expect anything back personally for the tax I pay. Like you say you can only wish it gets spent well on public infrastructure and services.

It's a hard thing to paint in black and white so this doesn't account for everyone. I'm sure there are some genuine reasons why some people end up on the pension and we need some basic support for the needy.

What I see a lot of though Is people working for 40 years often with little or no planning for the future. The plan they have is to go on the pension. Like it's a rite of passage. Then they complain that everyone should be giving them discounts or somthing for nothing.

One example are the ones that are living in two million dollar homes and collecting a pension and there kids have there back as they want the full inheritance. Yet the government are subsidizing the childrens inheritance.

They carry on to the wealthy that they they paid taxes for 40 years and its there right. So on that line of thinking if they have paid $500,000 in tax over their working life and expect $400 a week. Should the person who has paid 5 million in tax over their working life expect $4000 a week from the government ? Should it be indexed?

They then complain to the SFR that they have it hard on the pension . Not stopping to think it takes over 1/2 million in cash, property or similar investment just to equal the pension they receive and complain about.

As for the Going off grid idea. Going off grid is a responsibility you're taking on both financially and physically. You have to be able to plan for the future (put aside some $ for battery replacement or component repair) You need a good understand the system top to bottom and keep tabs on it and get value from it (unless you want to pay someone to take on that responsibility) I wonder how many people are willing to do all that to gain some of the rewards. Given a lot of people want something for nothing.

I think if some people were as frugal with the grid as they were off grid they could do ok.

Kurt
offgridQLD
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Tracker » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:16 pm

Did I miss something - WHAT are we talking about..? :oops:
Retired Engineer and keen PV experimenter - Always ready to learn and share.
2 x CMS2000 (fan cooled) GCI and SE 170W panels
1.7kW First Solar/Outback Island circuit - Peak Replacement Power
Governments won't save the world :-) They will just TAX it :-(
Tracker
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby australsolarier » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:17 pm

hello, kurt
no offense meant, but how old are you?
australsolarier
Solar Crusader