Too Good TO IGNORE ?? - 10c Extra - for solar export

Financial support for wind and solar power in Australia - rebates, grants and feed in tariffs - can be a nightmare in navigating all the rules and regulations. Ask your questions and view related information here.

Too Good TO IGNORE ?? - 10c Extra - for solar export

Postby Tracker » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:54 am

There is a special offer good for the next few days, where you can switch to CLICK-ENERGY, and be paid an extra 10c on top of anything else you get paid..

For some, that can be a big benefit.. ;)

$50 of rebates: $25 off your first bill + $25 after 1 year
10c additional Click Energy bonus feed-in tariff
7% discount off total bill (after solar rebates have been applied)

Pay by the month billing, to help avoid bill shock.
PLAN FEATURES
$50 of rebates - $25 off your first bill + $25 after 1 year.
10c premium feed-in tariff
7% pay-on-time discount off your entire bill - AFTER solar rebate credits have been applied
Smooth, monthly payment plan.
No lock-in period.
No break fees, exit fees or credit card fees.

The $50 rebate and the 7% is relatively meaningless, especially if you have little to PAY for your power.

If you don't have SOLAR, then the main benefit is...
"17% direct debit discount off total electricity bill for 2 years"

17% direct debit discount off total electricity bill for 2 years
$490 estimated saving per year for a typical 3-4 person household on the regulated tariff^
NO lock-in period, no exit fees, no credit card fees.
Pay by the month billing, to help avoid bill shock.

PLAN FEATURES
17% off your entire bill (both usage and supply charges) for 2 years - you must pay by direct debit.
Smooth, monthly payment plan - see the MORE INFO tab to see how this works.
No lock-in period.
No break fees, exit fees or credit card fees.

If you want a link to the OFFER..
http://www.onebigswitch.com.au/campaigns/big-nsw-switch

According to my last bill, I EXPORTed about 1500 units, and that amounts to $150 extra or $50 a month
I just switched, in anticipation of a generous repayment at 10c a unit.. :mrgreen:

They say they have been around for 6 years, and say that they will not be dropping the offer in the future..
Retired Engineer and keen PV experimenter - Always ready to learn and share.
2 x CMS2000 (fan cooled) GCI and SE 170W panels
1.7kW First Solar/Outback Island circuit - Peak Replacement Power
Governments won't save the world :-) They will just TAX it :-(
Tracker
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Re: Too Good TO IGNORE ?? - 10c Extra - for solar export

Postby Tracker » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:01 am

I understand this offer expires on Friday.. :idea:
Tracker
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby bpratt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:26 am

So what are the actual tariffs being charge ? .... no, I didn't click on the link as there was a referral code in it... I do hope that referral was for you personally, rather than someone else hoping that you'd post it in full, and then benefit from it. :)
Kaco 6600
26 x Trina Honey 250w panels. (wish I could work out how to upload to pvoutput.org)

New house build :-
http://bandlnewhomebuild.blogspot.com

My weather station :-
http://jimboombaweather.com
bpratt
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:37 am

It's safe to click now ;)
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby bpratt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:30 am

Gordon-Loomberah wrote:It's safe to click now ;)

I don't mind tracker getting the referral, just that he didn't mention it was his, so I thought it might have been someone else's referral that he simply posted in with the url.
Kaco 6600
26 x Trina Honey 250w panels. (wish I could work out how to upload to pvoutput.org)

New house build :-
http://bandlnewhomebuild.blogspot.com

My weather station :-
http://jimboombaweather.com
bpratt
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Tracker » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:45 pm

bpratt wrote:I don't mind tracker getting the referral, just that he didn't mention it was his

It was a convenient LINK to the offer..
It would NOT have done me ANY good.. So I did not worry about disclosure..
"You can't get a discount - if you pay NOTHING"... :D

[url]https://www.onebigswitch.com.au/campaigns/big-nsw-switch/energy_plans?utf8=%E2%9C%93&do_query=true&plan_query[for_business]=false&plan_query[postcode_suburb]=2220%2C+HURSTVILLE&plan_query[plan_type_id]=1&plan_query[is_solar]=1[/url]

The plans seem to be those of Energy Australia.. I did not check every figure..
but the primary numbers are identical to my bill from EA..

For those on 8c.... This offer means over 100% increase in feed in.
The best discount that I was offered on power from others, was 7% (with Solar), BUT that was off the IMPORT total, as distinct to the Payable Total..

Do the sums.. Is it better to get 7% off the IMPORT GROSS and then deduct the EXPORT amount, OR
better to get 10c a unit, and then 7% off the NET amount payable..??

The nuisance for ME, is that I will have to pay THEM $50 for the first two months, and then THEY will start paying ME.. :lol: ... :mrgreen:

See if you can find any traps that I did not see.
Like in a previous "Offer" where they were offering a True-Energy package and 17% discount, but the rates were inflated by that, over the EA figures - BASTARDS.. :evil:

PS - The referral bonus was that the person with the LARGEST number of referrals, (I think) would get free power for a year - (but that would be a FREE Difference) = Minus Nothing.. :!:

PPS - It would have been kinda interesting to see how many people jumped at the opportunity, if ever told..

PPPS - Just looked up the competition results - It says the LEADER has 444 referrals, so someone in the know is getting all the referrals.. So no normal mortal has any show anyway.. HeHe!
Tracker
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Tracker » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:08 pm

STOP PRESS..
Ouch - I got stung... :evil: ... Fell for a "Very Special Offer".. (Unless I misunderstood something)

If you go to the http://www.CLICKENERGY.com.au site you will find that direct from the site, you can get BOTH a 7% discount on IMPORTED power plus the 10c bonus on EXPORTed power.

If you go to the 2GB "50 Up Club" offer, then you only get the 10c bonus.. (as I understand it)

So - if you seek that option, be sure to apply via the proper web site... :evil:

This offer could be beneficial for those with HIGH Grid Feed Ins..
Tracker
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby trebla » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:30 pm

And there's more. The 10c bonus is only available for systems less than 5kW. That's not advertised anywhere. In other words the offer is only available for those that Click Energy is absolutely sure will never get it. This really is a Clayton's offer.
trebla
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

50 Up Club scam - working against members..???

Postby Tracker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:41 am

trebla wrote:........ In other words the offer is only available for those that Click Energy is absolutely sure will never get it. This really is a Clayton's offer.

Not sure that that point is relevant..
The general limit seems to be 5kW for any installation in NSW without multiple phase ... ie BIG expense..

For me, the serious let-down is the dropping of the 7% import discount for the "50UPclub" member..

When you realise that the agent (the 50-up-club) gets a rebate for the life of the contract, you get a real sinking feeling that the 7% discount was sacrificed to the 'club's... :cry:

Back to the 10c , I can't see how that changes anything..
ANY feed in at +10 must be better.. and given that the the typical IMPORT discount seems to be up to 12%, you could be better off with the package..
AGL only offer 7% for those with SOLAR.. ie.. in recognition of their reduced sales ..

I have cancelled my churn via the CLUB, and will look to join the program via the web site.

Interesting... that I wrote to 2gb , complaining that their club to benefit retirees, was a scam, and they did not reply...... :idea: .

So..... if you are interested , use the link that Gordon corrected..
thankfully, that is direct to the click-offer and not the club-offer..
Tracker
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby trebla » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:53 am

The general limit seems to be 5kW for any installation in NSW without multiple phase ... ie BIG expense..

Not so. 10 kW in NSW. Single phase. I have 7.6 kW. Being an early entrant, this cost me a fortune anyway, so I am always on the lookout for a retailer who will genuinely give a FIT bonus (without taking away or rendering irrelevant all the benefits given to those customers who are not net exporters) to help defray the capital investment. I wrote to Click Energy for details of fixed charges, tariffs and bonuses and was quite surprised that an installation which attracts the NSW government FIT for domestic installations would be ineligible for a bonus they offered to domestic customers. I have it all in writing.

The outcome: I am still looking for a retailer who will actually pay for the net 40-odd kWh of peak daytime electricity which they are all happy to take from me for nothing.

My initial calculations of the economics of this investment included an assumption that the electricity retailers would be buying my surplus electricity at market wholesale time-of-generation rates, which would extend beyond the life of the government FIT bonus. Bad assumption. But with 13% of households now with PV arrays, nearly all on grid, I do not think they cannot get away with this for much longer. Those on-grid net producers (and even those net consumers who don't want to be slugged with extra charges that non-contributors do not have to pay), should all sign up with Solar Citizens to make sure our voice is heard.

Meanwhile, though some may derive a modest benefit from the Click Energy offer, it remains for most, TOO BAD TO ACCEPT.
trebla
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Next

Return to Renewable Energy Rebates And Incentives