Electricity Suppliers

Financial support for wind and solar power in Australia - rebates, grants and feed in tariffs - can be a nightmare in navigating all the rules and regulations. Ask your questions and view related information here.

Electricity Suppliers

Postby tedburns » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:00 am

Hi,
This my first post.
I signed up a few years ago in NSW and got the 60cent subsidy on a 3KW PV system. I would not have been able to afford it otherwise. We were encouraged to do it for the environment and to take some of the load off the infrastructure. Guess what. It worked too well and now the big companies are crying poor.
I am amazed at the gall at these people giving 8cents for what you produce and then charging you 50cents plus for the same. We are saving them money by keeping the peak usage down. There are over a million households now generating power throughout the country.
Let's just say that on a hot day all the solar producers suddenly had system failures and could not put power into the grid. Can you imagine now what would happen to the power companies peak power costs. Enough to ask for a better deal for solar producers I reckon.
Just a thought.
tedburns
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Re: Electricity Suppliers

Postby Tracker » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:38 pm

but they continually complain that the WHOLESALE cost of power is more like 5c and they are paying us TOO MUCH..
PV-SOLAR power has meant that massive peak costs have been minimised.. (I forget the terminology)
and thus they are paying that 5c for far more of the day..

Yess - it stinx :lol: but they hold the curlies in their hands.. :cry:

OFF-GRID ... Won't they complain as more folk install battery/hybrid systems.

Mine is working fine, completely eradicating PEAK power consumption..
Retired Engineer and keen PV experimenter - Always ready to learn and share.
2 x CMS2000 (fan cooled) GCI and SE 170W panels
1.7kW First Solar/Outback Island circuit - Peak Replacement Power
Governments won't save the world :-) They will just TAX it :-(
Tracker
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Return to Renewable Energy Rebates And Incentives