In NSW: Can you upgrade your system without losing your FiT?

Financial support for wind and solar power in Australia - rebates, grants and feed in tariffs - can be a nightmare in navigating all the rules and regulations. Ask your questions and view related information here.

In NSW: Can you upgrade your system without losing your FiT?

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:20 am

Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Re: In NSW: Can you upgrade your system without losing your FiT?

Postby Sonnig » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi Gordon,

Is that the correct link? It sends me to an article about "Have an affair with solar this Valentine’s Day" that doesn't seem to related to upgrading in NSW and keeping FIT.
Sonnig
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Location: Eastern suburbs, Melbourne / SP AusNet / Diamond Energy

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:31 pm

Yes, so it does now... however, I've notified the right person and normal service should be resumed
by now :)
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby Inspector » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:34 pm

The only "new" bit of info included in this which wasn't included in the legislation changes at the end of 2010 is the option of adding a second system "net metered" - and only get whatever the retailer offers (7.7c seems to be the going rate, or nothing at all). I am aware Endeavour Energy permits these additional systems however other DNSPs have not yet offered it to my knowledge. I know of at least two sites where this was attempted in Ausgrid's area but don't know the outcome. There should be an official announcement soon from Ausgrid about the option of having both 60/20c gross metered system alongside a net-metered system.
Inspector
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:02 pm

Update: http://www.energymatters.com.au/index.p ... le_id=3779

"Essential Energy is now accepting applications from Solar Bonus Scheme participants in New South Wales who wish to upgrade their rooftop solar power systems without having their feed in tariff rate affected."
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby FarmerJohn » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:06 pm

What is this based on?

Under current feed-in tariff levels, households in Sydney installing a good quality 4kW solar power system can expect to see a financial benefit of between $1,055 and $1,619 annually; depending on installation location and electricity consumption profile.
FarmerJohn
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:42 pm

The estimated Sydney and NSW electricity bill savings range is based on 38c per kilowatt hour electricity price and an .08c feed in tariff with 50% of generation fed back to the grid to 100% consumption of produced electricity.
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby FarmerJohn » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:25 pm

Thanks. That being the case, then I am sure there are a lot of people out there for whom going grid tied is still actually quite compelling - even if they don't yet have any existing panels and don't get any other bonuses.
FarmerJohn
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Return to Renewable Energy Rebates And Incentives