NSW nett FIT Issues

Financial support for wind and solar power in Australia - rebates, grants and feed in tariffs - can be a nightmare in navigating all the rules and regulations. Ask your questions and view related information here.

Re: NSW nett FIT Issues

Postby debe » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:50 pm

I left AGL years ago when they threatend me with higher power prices if i didnt take out a contract withthem.
debe
Solar Fanatic
Solar Fanatic

Postby Tracker » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:04 pm

I rang EA today and asked about switching..
The rates are a cent or so under AGL, but their GFIT is 60c, where AGL are still paying the 68c..
That extra 8c will exceed the lower Import costs, I am sure.. :(
Tracker
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby fairgoforsolar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:53 pm

As I have previously mentioned, I had my system installed under nett metering as the Solar Bonus Scheme had ended.

AGL provided a written offer to me of 28c per kwh FIT on a 2 year fixed contract in December 2011. I took the offer and they switched me over in February 2012.

When they switched me over they wrote and advised me my feed-in tariff was now 8c per kwh.

After extensive complaints to EWON and NSW Dept. of Fair Trading I now have lodged an application with the NSW Consumer, Trader & Tenancy Tribunal to have the dispute heard as I am seeking to have the contract I was offered, and accepted, enforced. The Tribunal has advised me the matter is to be heard on 13 September.

If anyone else has experienced similar issues with AGL over nett metering I would very much appreciate hearing from you, especially if you have either been offered the 28c nett FIT or are currently receiving the 28c nett FIT on your bills.
fairgoforsolar
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby hsvz » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:39 pm

I am getting 28 cents with AGL on no contract !!
Aussie Solar Installation
CMS 2000
12 x 195 Watt Panels
My panel output http://www.pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=6722&sid=6396
hsvz
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Postby zzsstt » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:18 pm

hsvz wrote:I am getting 28 cents with AGL on no contract !!

Did you apply to make the grid connection before 28th April 2011? If so, then you are entitled to the SBS 20c FIT.
zzsstt
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Tracker » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:56 pm

I know that their systems are a bit crazy. A neighbour applied AFTER the 60c close and got the 68 c.
The 28c is the 20c SB plus the AGL 8c.. Clearly it must be a case of how experienced the Operator is...
Tracker
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby hsvz » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:04 pm

zzsstt wrote:
hsvz wrote:I am getting 28 cents with AGL on no contract !!

Did you apply to make the grid connection before 28th April 2011? If so, then you are entitled to the SBS 20c FIT.

Nope, system installed March 2012

hsvz
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Postby fairgoforsolar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Would any of you who are currently receiving the 28c FIT on nett metering be prepared to supply me with details, copies of bills, installation details?

If I'm successful at the CTTT then it could open AGL to having to honour all 28c FIT offers within NSW.
fairgoforsolar
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby zzsstt » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:48 am

hsvz wrote:Nope, system installed March 2012

To qualify for the 20c FIT, the system could be installed at any time up until June 2012, but the application needed to be made before April 2011. I would suggest that when your installation was set up in the AGL billing system, somebody made the assumption that the application had been made much earlier and your system qualified. That assumption would not have been too unusual, because there was a rush of orders around the cut-off date, and very few afterwards (it was no longer a worthwhile investment), so they would have been used to doing that.

If this is the case, then your system is not entitled to the SBS 20c FIT. If we assume that AGL are unlikely to demand a refund from you, unless they can prove that you deliberately tried to claim a FIT that you were not entitled to, the most sensible course of action would be to do a Bart "I didn't do it" Simpson - stick your hands in your pockets, look at the sky and walk away whistling...
zzsstt
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby fairgoforsolar » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:00 pm

He's not the only one receiving the 28c FIT from AGL. A number of people in my local area have had solar put on the last 12 months and are receiving 28c from AGL on nett metering.

If they identified an error in their systems back in February 2012, why are people still being offered the 28c tariff in May through to today?

Surely if AGL considered the 28c tariff to be a 'system error' would they not have updated their systems and trained their staff?

Or is AGL hiding behind the 'tariffs can be altered at any time in writing' clause in their general information brochures to olure people to switch to them.

Is the fact that a number of NSW residents who were offered the 28c FIT (and then had it revoked) are pursuing AGL the reason AGL has threatened the NSW Gov't that they will consider withdrawing from NSW if they cannot substantially increase tariffs?
fairgoforsolar
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Renewable Energy Rebates And Incentives