Feed in tariffs and payments

Financial support for wind and solar power in Australia - rebates, grants and feed in tariffs - can be a nightmare in navigating all the rules and regulations. Ask your questions and view related information here.

Re: Feed in tariffs and payments

Postby TSkinner » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:15 pm

Thanks KarenS,

I now wonder if the electricity retailers will automatically adjust our bills - or are we now going to have to hassle them until they follow the FIT rates?
My retailer - Origin have said they will do it only when gazetted.
I wonder how long it will take.
More interesting times ahead.

Trevor
12xSharp 167w panel - 2kw system with Fronius IG30 inverter
TSkinner
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby sarahj » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:47 pm

I'm in Vic and with Origin too. I have also spoken with Origin and they told me that they have sent me a letter and information (not yet received) already and I have to sign to agree to the higher 60c rate which will be effective from the date they process it. I asked about if it was during a billing period if they get a reading, which they don't. Thus Origin will begin the higher rate of FiT ONLY in the next billing cycle after your agreement and not from the 1st Nov. They do have the "premium feed in tariff" agreement on the website, but from what I have found, you cannot enter the agreement online. I wonder if other providers are doing similar things to delay the payment/credit of the new FiT rate or not pay at all....
sarahj
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby TSkinner » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:51 pm

Hi all,
I had an interesting observation which was between the Inverter reading and the smart meter reading as to how much electricity I ad produced today.
According to my inverter (a fronius IG30) it told me I generated 15kw today (Friday 6/11) BUT my "smart Meter" said that I only generated 10kW.
OR am I reading it incorrectly? I produced 10 kW in excess of what I used?

My "smart meter" says I have used 320 kW in the last 5 weeks and I have generated 300kW.
I expect to get billed (at the moment) for 20kW. I think that is a fair assumption (presuming all the power was used at the peak rate.)
But the 15 kW v 10 kW does not make sense.
Has anyone else noticed any discrepancies between the two measurements?

Trevor
12xSharp 167w panel - 2kw system with Fronius IG30 inverter
TSkinner
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Previous

Return to Renewable Energy Rebates And Incentives