Feed in tariffs and payments

Financial support for wind and solar power in Australia - rebates, grants and feed in tariffs - can be a nightmare in navigating all the rules and regulations. Ask your questions and view related information here.

Re: Feed in tariffs and payments

Postby Matt » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:21 am

Hi Trev,

Yes that is correct it will be the difference between the two amounts.
My usage was about 550kWh for the quarter and power fed back was about 250kwh.
550kwh was put into two categories being peak and off peak.

11c for off peak at about 150kwh x .11= $16.50
18C for peak at 400kwh x .18 = $72
22C for excess power sold at 250kWh x .22= $55 (at 60C will be = $150)
Also damn service fees at about $70.

So for me, my bill should be reduced to nearly nill and possibly a credit in summer.
We are lucky as there is little power used during the day in our house.

Matt
Matt
Energy Matters Forum Team

Check out Energy Matters' current solar power specials
or try our instant online solar quoting system!
Matt
Energy Matters Team
Energy Matters Team

Postby TSkinner » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi Matt,
Thanks for that.
I noticed something interesting today.
My smart meter has been set to winter time (not daylight saving)
So that my off peak instead of being 11pm - 7am will now be 12pm - 8am.
So morning rush will be mostly off peak - bonus! But late night clothes washing will be harder.

My notice from Origin said my new rates were 25c peak and 9 cents off peak (Vic)
Feed in rates are 23c at present until the 60c comes in November 1 (??????????) hopefully.

Trevor
12xSharp 167w panel - 2kw system with Fronius IG30 inverter
TSkinner
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby relaxedcamper » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:26 am

It will be interesting to see how the peak and off peak feed in rates apply. Will the 60cent FIT be for all exported power regardless of peak of off peak export times?

I make this comment with TSKinner's comments about the wrong time stamp on his meter. If your meter is an hour out and you will begin to export at 0800hrs, then perhaps you will be credited at a off peak time rate rather than a peek day rate credit.

All this will be void if the FIT will be 60cents regardless of time of energy export though.
Network = POWERCOR - Retailer = ORIGIN - 11 Sharp 180w Panels NUSOE3E - Fronius IG 20 IP45 Inverter - 1.98KW Grid Interactive System - DUX SunPro 415L 3 Flat Panels Solar Hot Water - 26,600 Lts Rain Water - 8 Chooks - North of Geelong Victoria
relaxedcamper
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby atevaz » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:27 pm

Hello World.

Newbie here,I received a letter from Red today advising about the 66 cent (inc GST) FIT, it's a bit confusing that they claim this to be 10% more than the minimum required under the legislation?

I dont think it's got anything to do with being registered for GST? coz it's for residential property/customer anyway?

My second question is, they are "kind enough" to offer a new package rate (til Dec 2010)

Peak Summer 31.9c /kwh
Peak Winter 22c /kwh
Shoulder 22c/kwh
offpeak 9.46c/kwh

service charge 63.8c/day

Peak hour being 3pm to 11pm Mon-fri , Shoulder hours being 7am to 3pm. all other time are offpeak.

the rate is much higher than current rate which is a flat 17.6c/kwh plus service charge of 52.8c/day

the new rate seems too BAD to be true, i have to be so stupid to voluntarily sign up for the new rate? unless i m missing something here? i dont think i use much electricity during the day as i m working. any advice?

this whole switching to solar thing is just so draining , particularly in dealing with the energy provider!! i could almost do a degree in this!!!! i ve left TRU for RED. hopefully they are good.

TRU fxxxk up my first solar bill, still trying to work out how much they should credit me back for the electricity i put back to the grid.

btw, i have a 1.2kw kaneka system, it's been doing around 7kw per day these few days, higher than the estimate. which is pretty good.
atevaz
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby Bthree » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:47 am

atevaz wrote:Hello World.

Newbie here,I received a letter from Red .

Welcome, A location would be helpful, it can be added to your profile.
Network = Powercor .. Retailer = Origin .. Installed Christmas 2008
Latronics PV-1200 feed by 8xTrina TSM DC-01 .. 170watt = 1360watts DC in .. 1096watts AC out .. 5+years later 990watts ac out
Bthree
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby relaxedcamper » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:03 am

Firstly I really hope you will be able to keep your off peak with Red, we left them for Origin because they had a crappy Solar plan that included the pleasure of losing your off peak and paying a higher flat cent per Kw 24/7. So hope that they have changed this for you.

I would be careful with the peak summer rate that they are offering. Seems high, and note that Peak hour being 3pm to 11pm Mon-fri , Shoulder hours being 7am to 3pm. all other time are offpeak. So what happens on the weekends? For the vast majority of us, we would be home during peek times and would pay that huge peak rate so for my family situation it would be a big rise in my bill if we were to take it up.

Also have they defined what is 'summer' and 'winter' ie the dates, and also what will they bill you during the spring and autum periods?.
Network = POWERCOR - Retailer = ORIGIN - 11 Sharp 180w Panels NUSOE3E - Fronius IG 20 IP45 Inverter - 1.98KW Grid Interactive System - DUX SunPro 415L 3 Flat Panels Solar Hot Water - 26,600 Lts Rain Water - 8 Chooks - North of Geelong Victoria
relaxedcamper
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby KarenS » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:19 pm

relaxedcamper wrote:Firstly I really hope you will be able to keep your off peak with Red, we left them for Origin because they had a crappy Solar plan that included the pleasure of losing your off peak and paying a higher flat cent per Kw 24/7. So hope that they have changed this for you.

I would be careful with the peak summer rate that they are offering. Seems high, and note that Peak hour being 3pm to 11pm Mon-fri , Shoulder hours being 7am to 3pm. all other time are offpeak. So what happens on the weekends? For the vast majority of us, we would be home during peek times and would pay that huge peak rate so for my family situation it would be a big rise in my bill if we were to take it up.

Also have they defined what is 'summer' and 'winter' ie the dates, and also what will they bill you during the spring and autum periods?.

This is indicative of the confusion which is reigning in Victoria just now. What Red or Origin or anyone else offers you as a tariff depends primarily on YOUR DISTRIBUTOR, not the retailer. there are people reporting that they have left retailer A and gone to retailer B because they were offered a better tariff, then someone else reports exactly the opposite. This is because the people are in different DISTRIBUTOR areas. You have choice of retailer, you DO NOT, unless you move house, have a choice of distributor.

If you do not like the tariff you have been offered, you need to talk to your current retailer about other tariffs they may have, and you would be well advised to talk to other retailers in your area. Just now, it might be useful to try to get a 'no contract' tariff, as the situation will change a bit in the next few months, with the 60c (exGST) tariff having just been gazetted.

BTW, I have had a digital meter for over 10 years, and a ToU tariff, which I will probably lose when someone gets around to changing my meter (I have PV panels which were installed in March 2009), and my meter has a clock set to proper time, so I'm on the 11 to 7 in the winter, and 12 to 8 in daylight saving - nothing I could do about it unless I paid $150 truck fee for United to come and reset the clock twice a year.
With Smart meters, it may (should??) be possible for the distributor to change the clock remotely, as Smart meters send and receive info via satellite - there will be no meter readers!! A digital meter, which I've had for over 10 years, was just an "improvement" over the old wheelie types, and could be programmed on the spot, but not remotely.
KarenS
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Road King » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:54 pm

Gday, from Adelaide. I was reading through the forum on your topic and jesus who would have thought
this solar stuff would be so simple. I have just been through a year with Tru Energy trying to get a
electricity account from them. The other day i scored 10 pages and a sorry why your bill was late letter. To cut a long story short they waived the years power consumption and gave a $825 cheque that had me in credit.
Had i not asked for the credit to be paid that i was owed i would not have recieved it . The meter system i have at home is a import/export meter that reads M for normal use. J for off peak hot water heating and
export. Very simple meter to read and understand. The off peak hot water is turned off at the breaker for about 6 months as its solar. Hope that it becomes simpler next period.
Road King
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby TSkinner » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi KarenS & others

"with the 60c (exGST) tariff having just been gazetted."

Does this mean the 60c feed in tariff has been legislated - on Nov 1st as promised?

Does anyone know - I haven't heard or read anything in the papers as yet.
My supplier (read retailer) - Origin, said they will adjust to the new rate "when" it is legislated.

Any news??

Trevor
12xSharp 167w panel - 2kw system with Fronius IG30 inverter
TSkinner
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby KarenS » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:55 pm

TSkinner wrote:Hi KarenS & others

"with the 60c (exGST) tariff having just been gazetted."

Does this mean the 60c feed in tariff has been legislated - on Nov 1st as promised?

Does anyone know - I haven't heard or read anything in the papers as yet.
My supplier (read retailer) - Origin, said they will adjust to the new rate "when" it is legislated.

Any news??

Trevor

Yes! See my previous post, and other discussion elsewhere ;

Victoria Feed in Tariff Act gazetted to commence 1 Nov 09

Post by KarenS » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:09 pm
See the proclamation in the Government Gazette for 29 October:

http://www.gazette.vic.gov.au/gazette/G ... 09G044.pdf

page 2729, upper left.

There is discussion about this in the * ‹ Financial And Legal Stuff ‹ Renewable Energy Rebates And Incentives
thread.
solar-wind-rebates/topic128.html
KarenS
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

PreviousNext

Return to Renewable Energy Rebates And Incentives