K. Rudd's in hot water again

News, product developments and events occurring in the wind and solar power industry

K. Rudd's in hot water again

Postby moemoke » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:40 am

In the Herald Sun on friday they had an article about the Rudd Government latest problem.
They have been suppling Hot Water Service free of charge to all sorts of Sporting Clubs, Motels and Caravan Parks.
I'm not sure if these units are solar (can't see panels on the roof's) or not but the thing that bothers me is that on Caravan Park in Mildura was told he needed 176 (yes 176) new 'free' hot water services (he got 46) or small country Football clubs have been given 12 or 15 for the 5 or 6 shower heads they have.
It just seems like a total waste of money and resorces, or some one in Govt has shares in a HWS company
I like one blokes comment in the paper " Thats the trouble when you put public servants in charge of anything that needs brains and judgment"

The paper only seemed to have Victorian Clubs, Parks etc but is it happening all over the country?
moemoke
Solar Fanatic
Solar Fanatic

Re: K. Rudd's in hot water again

Postby MichaelB » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:50 am

I *think* this was a reasonably limited situation, just limited to a couple of providers in Victoria and some of the equipment was heat pumps (hence the lack of panels). I seem to remember an announcement from the Clean Energy Council about it last week. I'll see if I can find it.

Whether it was one or a hundred, still isn't a good thing by any means tho'.... doesn't help the industry's reputation either.
Michael B.
Energy Matters Forum Team (Please note: I am not a solar tech or installer)

Check out Energy Matters' current solar power specials
or try our instant online solar quoting system!
MichaelB
Energy Matters Team
Energy Matters Team

Return to Solar And Wind Power News