Powerstar W7 Inverter modification

Getting into the nuts and bolts of wind and solar power components, installation and performance issues, ask technical questions, answers and tips

Re: Powerstar W7 Inverter modification

Postby Jimbo007 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:04 am

Bruce,
I've located the bulk of the circuit diagram but It's still short on the control card info.
I've tried to send the link but the forum corrups the link. if you like PM me your email address and I'll send the PDF to you directly.
I'll try to send you the link via PM message but I suspect it will also be corrupted.
Cheers
Jim.
Jimbo007
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Postby Jimbo007 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:31 pm

Bruce,
following our recent PM's, you can try to buy the board you require fron the supplier I mentioned on page 130 of this forum.
it might be worth including a picture of yours and clearly specify the parameters, ie. voltages frequency etc.
Jimbo007
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Postby jex » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi Tinkerers, I am currently searching suppliers for a W7 24v -240v 3000-6000w inverter with Toroidal Transformer for low standby current draw. I thought Sunray made them but they don't mention it in their specs. Can anyone enlighten me please? I would like to source one before we are hit with import duty at the end of the month.
I also have a Sharp JH-1600e solar inverter that's cactus and has a number of small Toroidals in it if they are any use to anyone?
John
jex
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby Solar@wind » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:23 am

Hello Jex ,

or John ,I'm confused!!!.

I know there is a new 48volt Torodial type W7 . They say it's stand by current is around 25 watts ,but I don,t know of anyone that has bought one ,and therefore can,t confirm the standby cirrent from a real person , if you get my drift!!.

This one is also a Torodial type, maybe a W7 in a different box ??.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/263582501051?ul_noapp=true

I'm still after W7 spare boards (48 volt 6000 watt model) , . Sort of got a reply from a distributor(I think) , but a bit of a gamble ,not knowing what exactly what is crook in mine.

Best of luck

Bruce
Solar@wind
Solar Fanatic
Solar Fanatic

Postby jex » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:05 am

I received a reply from Sumry via Alibaba, they claim the attached W7 have Toroidal transformers. I am pretty sure they can supply replacement boards. Have seen mentioned elsewhere on here and have had quotes from them in the past.
John
Haven't been able to load attachment ? Only 1.3mb ?
jex
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:06 am

jex wrote:Haven't been able to load attachment ? Only 1.3mb ?

What sort of attachment? If it is a jpg, that's way bigger than it needs to be.
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby jex » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:14 pm

It's a 2 page PDF file. It was originally 2.6mb so I split into 2 files and tried to attach the 2nd page
jex
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:32 pm

You can't attach PDFs to the forum, you need to put them somewhere publicly accessable and post a link to it/them.
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby jex » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:52 pm

jex
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:10 pm

hmmm, a "Prue Sinewave inverter"
I hope they pay more attention to their electronics than their specifications text ;)
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Components, Installation And Performance