New South Wales Solar Bonus Scheme Commences

News, product developments and events occurring in the wind and solar power industry

New South Wales Solar Bonus Scheme Commences

Postby EnergyMatters » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:14 pm

The New South Wales Government's Solar Bonus Scheme officially kicks off today; however, it appears that not all NSW electricity distributors are ready for the gross feed in tariff program

http://www.energymatters.com.au/index.p ... cle_id=717
Energy Matters Forum Team

Check out Energy Matters' current solar power specials
or try our instant online solar quoting system!
EnergyMatters
Site Admin

Re: New South Wales Solar Bonus Scheme Commences

Postby unicorn » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Did it start on Jan 01? I have just been advised by EA that I have to organise an electrician to order a meter and then install it for me - Cost around $220.00 Then I will get deposits to my bank account for what electricity I put back into the system. Currently I have a meter that EA cannot read my usage, yet can read the output to the grid! There have been 2 guestimate accounts since the installed the "new" meter in August 2009. But also since then my electricity charges went to from 8 - 13 c / KWh to varying from 18c to about 37c / KWh. Talk about rip off! No encouragement to install solar. Also the Fed Govt denied me the $8000.00 grant and I received 6 letters of approval! Very disillusioned about it all as well as disappointed. The costs for someone on a fixed income are exorbitant and now we have to pay to have another new meter with the rebates possibly only lasting 3 years! :roll: :shock:
unicorn
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Return to Solar And Wind Power News