Caravan

General tips, questions and answers about going green in your home and business. Achieve a more environmentally friendly lifestyle!

Caravan

Postby Glot » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:45 pm

Is it possible to use Pylon tech 2000 plus in a caravan? Can use a 48 volt charge controller and small inverter? Any suggestions welcome. I already have the battery pack.
Glot
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Re: Caravan

Postby dRdoS7 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:31 pm

Hi,

No reason why not, if you already have one, go for it.

As you said, get a 48V inverter, and a SCC. You have some panels? Apart from solar, how will you charge the battery?

Are you going to run 12V devices (LEDs, pump, etc.) as well as 240V AC? You going to supply them off the inverter (with a 240V >12V power supply), or do you have something else in mind?

I have a couple of 100Ah LiFePO4 drop-in (12V/parallel), so run 12V direct off them, and have a 2000W inverter for 240V appliances. We get about 3 days unpowered with our caravan. Did have a little bit of solar, but they're cactus now, so have to buy some others. Lesson: Don't buy cheap flexible, don't glue them flush to the roof. Possibly, don't wire them in series either. Who knows what caused them to fail.

dRdoS7
"I've got an idea. Here, hold my beer."
dRdoS7
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Return to Living Green