I-miev all electric car.

Into electric cars, hydrogen engines, biodiesel; in fact any sort of alternative fuel vehicle? Here's the place for you - questions, tips, resources and electric car/alternative fuel vehicle news.

Re: I-miev all electric car.

Postby conklinc » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:41 am

Kurt,
Like dude! Ur really inspiring confidence in the local dealer trained and authorized to "deal" with the iMiEV!

I'm itching to get back and charge 'er up and go for a silent ride again. Sick of both fumes and high petrol prices. $3.25 a gallon here, and over $4.00 a gallon in California. Not only that, but my '05 Tucson chucked an engine, $5200.
conklinc
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby offgridQLD » Fri May 31, 2019 8:12 pm

We sold the imiev last week.

Having owned it from early 2013 to mid 2019 we had a fantastic run with the car. The only thing we did to it is change one set of tyres :D So from my standpoint over that time the ev was maintenance free and hassle free amazing little car.

Almost all of the charging was done offgrid at home with some free public charging.

Why we sold it. I thought at this point in it's life the resale value was at a point where I could recoup a significant chunk of its original value and not be responsible for it when or if a large maintenance cost was needed. For example a new traction battery pack or significant component controller or charger. I guess you could say Quit while your ahead ;)

Purchased it for 24k new and sold it for 13.5k saved about 6k in fuel over the time and another 1k in maintenance costs. So 3.5k to have a new EV (ealy adopter) for 7 years. I'm happy with that and the new owner is happy (The car was in imaculate condition in and out drove like new and range was still over 100km even in winter in the hills) New owner is inner CBD so perfect for him for some time to come.

I do miss it already though I know it was the smartest decision. At this stage I will invest the 13.5k and put some miles on my diesel ute for now. I see EVS being way more mainstream over the next 5 - 10 years By that time the new Kitty should afford me somthing nice and up to date.
offgridQLD
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby australsolarier » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:43 am

Kurt,
it is somewhat ironic, you sold your imiev, i am waiting for an ordered ioniq to arrive.

and yes repairing can be very costly, you can't just put in chargers or batteries from crashed vehicles as they have software vin numbers and won't work.
all the best urs
australsolarier
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Previous

Return to Electric/Alternative Fuel Vehicles