Victron smart solar, lithium settings.

Getting into the nuts and bolts of wind and solar power components, installation and performance issues, ask technical questions, answers and tips

Re: Victron smart solar, lithium settings.

Postby davef » Wed May 01, 2019 9:14 pm

The climbing rapidly was when in bulk mode ( constant current) on the victron charger. It quickly rose to 13.8v then switched to absorption at a (constant voltage) 13.8v.

It climbs rapidly from 13.2V to 13.8V at 10Amps CC (tens of minutes?) then spends hours at 2Amps before going to "float". If it was charging at 2Amps for say 4 hours that is 8AH at which the battery should be at ~95% SOC. That means to me that the battery was somewhere around 87% before it switched to absorption.

Tens of minutes at 10Amps is still not many AH.
davef
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Postby davef » Wed May 01, 2019 9:17 pm

Could I suggest a graph of current and terminal voltage versus time?

CUtmw
davef
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Postby australsolarier » Thu May 02, 2019 2:36 pm

"Today i have been playing with a smartsolar 100/30 and a solar king 100 ah lithium battery. With the custom settings, i set the absorption voltage at 13.8v."
try 14V absorption. most people use that value for lifepo4's. the lower your absorption V the longer the "absorption" cycle is. though there is no true absorption cycle in lithium batteries. and set float to 13.4V
the victrons have a dynamic absorption timer. which is not really applicable for lithiums but meant for lead acid batteries.
the 2amp trigger to float should however be perfect for your 100A solar king battery.
all this if your pv voltage is high enough of course.

bye the way i bought one of those solar king batteries myself. they truly have 100ah. have their own voltage regulator built in, plus bms.
australsolarier
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Previous

Return to Components, Installation And Performance