[FORSALE] Lithium Ion Mitsubishi EV LEV40 Yuasa Batteries

Looking for pre-loved wind and solar power gear? Have used equipment for sale? Post your wanting to buy or wanting to sell ad absolutely free here! Includes Energy Matters "bargain table" clearance specials!

[FORSALE] Lithium Ion Mitsubishi EV LEV40 Yuasa Batteries

Postby GregoInc » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:53 am

I have been sourcing several LEV40 and LEV50 battery packs from Mitsubishi vehicle's for my own use. Recently I have been asked by several Australian members if they could purchase the LEV40 & LEV50 batteries.

The types of packs available and prices often vary, so the prices for the individual LEV40 or LEV50 battery cells could range anywhere from $45 to $60 (each).

If you want the cells shipped within Australia I will be expecting you to pickup from me or arrange the shipping within Australia.

Batteries Currently Available
80 x LEV40 cells from a 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV donor car at $55 per cell

Battery Cell Dimensions:
LEV40 - 35mm x 110mm x 170mm (width x height x length)

I have the ability to source more battery packs, so if you are interested please let me know. Please note, I will only be supplying batteries within Australia.
GregoInc
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Re: [FORSALE] Lithium Ion Mitsubishi EV LEV40 Yuasa Batterie

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:25 pm

GregoInc wrote:If you want the cells shipped within Australia I will be expecting you to pickup from me or arrange the shipping within Australia.

From where?

Batteries Currently Available
80 x LEV40 cells from a 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV donor car at $55 per cell

What chemistry, how many AH and what nominal voltage are these cells?
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby GregoInc » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:38 pm

Thanks for the questions....

Nominal Voltage: 3.75
Chemistry: Lithium Ion
AH: 40 Ah

Tried to update original post, but wouldn't allow editing.
GregoInc
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Postby offgridQLD » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:41 pm

Do you have access to LEV 50 cells, as used in the Imiev?
offgridQLD
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby GregoInc » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:21 pm

I have a MiEV LEV50N (latest chemistry) battery pack in a container on its way. I had been planning on keeping them for myself however, unless someone really really wanted them :D

All of these packs come from outside Australia, so careful estimates are necessary to balance second hand versus buying new batteries in Australia.

I have access to more MiEV packs, so how many LEV50 cells were you after (MiEV packs contain 88 cells)? The quantity you require will determine if it is worth the cost (to you) for bringing in another MiEV battery pack, which can be done easily.

Hope this helps :)
GregoInc
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Postby offgridQLD » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:21 pm

I have a 2012 imiev so just looking at options if needed to replace my traction pack. I would be looking for a complete 88 cell pack or perhaps even two.

As i also live offgrid so potentially I could use a 16kw imiev bank as a reconfigered house bank.

New price of a imiev bank is expensive.

I assume they are low km jap import or from the US wrecked imievs?
offgridQLD
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby GregoInc » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:36 pm

[Moderator - no need to quote the entire previous post, it's just there^^^!]

Took a look to see what Miev packs are available and only a 2009 pack is on offer, I would advise against that age pack. Unfortunately there are no other Miev packs available, but a number of late model Outlander PHEV packs are available. The Outlander packs contain the LEV40 cells, which I also have in stock here in Melbourne. I'll leave it up to you.
Last edited by Gordon-Loomberah on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quoting
GregoInc
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Return to Secondhand Wind And Solar