I-miev all electric car.

Into electric cars, hydrogen engines, biodiesel; in fact any sort of alternative fuel vehicle? Here's the place for you - questions, tips, resources and electric car/alternative fuel vehicle news.

Re: I-miev all electric car.

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:37 am

Great to hear it is still going well Kurt :)

How many km have you clocked up in it now?
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby offgridQLD » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:46 am

50,000km. Though 10,000km of that has been in the last 6 months in South Australia. As we are averaging 400km a week in it. It would have to have 2000 cycles on the battery by the end of the year. As some times it gets charged two times in a day (over the weekends) and once each day with the odd day not being charged. So more or less once a day and its almost 5 years.
offgridQLD
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby offgridQLD » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:55 am

One thing I noticed in the cold SA weather. I took the diesel ute to do the school run once a few weeks back. Stating that engine in 2C temp and having to pull straight out onto the freeway and more or less climb the hills straight away at 100kph sounded so nasty on the cold engine rattling away under load cold .

I feeling having the EV to do all the cold start winter trips (partially short tips) is saving a lot of wear on our diesel engine.
offgridQLD
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:24 am

offgridQLD wrote:we are averaging 400km a week

That's almost as far as I rode my MTB last week ;)

Good plan to use the i-Miev instead of the diesel ute on those cold morning trips:)
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Previous

Return to Electric/Alternative Fuel Vehicles