Victron MultiGrid Installation Advice

Getting into the nuts and bolts of wind and solar power components, installation and performance issues, ask technical questions, answers and tips

Re: Victron MultiGrid Installation Advice

Postby GregoInc » Wed May 30, 2018 8:48 am

Hi Australsolarier... thank you so much for the advice, makes the world of difference. Have found a supplier of the dongle, so will source one soon.

My most pressing setup right now will be the SmartSolar 150/45 unit which I beleive can be configured via Bluetooth from my phone. So I will focus on getting that right, especially charging the LEV40 Lithium batteries, which I have absolutely no idea how to do :D
GregoInc
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Re: Victron MultiGrid Installation Advice

Postby australsolarier » Wed May 30, 2018 9:30 am

grego inc,
your batteries should have come with the specifications: float voltage, bulk/absorption voltate, etc. the victron charger probably has a preset for lithium batteries, but still make sure the specs correlate with your batteries.
your inverter might be blue tooth enabled too, so then the dongle is probably not needed. my victron is about ten years old so no blue tooth. ( you will have to look into it in the manual or googles)
the advantage with the dongle usb dongle is you can watch what is happening on a laptop/computer.
australsolarier
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Previous

Return to Components, Installation And Performance