Deep Cycle Batteries

Looking for pre-loved wind and solar power gear? Have used equipment for sale? Post your wanting to buy or wanting to sell ad absolutely free here! Includes Energy Matters "bargain table" clearance specials!

Deep Cycle Batteries

Postby Smurf1976 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:49 pm

I have a number of used deep cycle batteries that I'm in the process of testing and offering for sale.

Location is suburban Hobart Tasmania. Due to the weight these would be fairly costly to freight but I'll send them to anywhere in Australia via TNT or similar if someone wants them and is willing to pay the freight cost. Weight is approximately 25kg per battery and physical size is comparable to a typical car battery.

1. Fullriver DCG77-12 (12 Volt, 77Ah, deep cycle gel). Manufacturing date 2014. Capacity test = 98.9% of manufacturer's "as new" specifications at 20 Hour discharge rate. Price = I'm asking $76.15 for local pickup.

2. Century C12-75DG (12 Volt, 75Ah, deep cycle gel). Manufacturing date unknown (there's a code but I've no idea how to interpret it). Capacity test = 81% of manufacturer's "as new" specifications at 20 Hour discharge rate. Price = I'm asking $15 for local pickup.

These are used batteries, not new. New retail price according to a quick Google search is a bit over $300 each for both types (may vary depending on supplier etc, that's just a guide to what they cost new).

Included is the battery and carry strap / handles only. No cables, bolts etc are included.

I also have a few more, all 12V but of various sizes. Haven't tested them yet but will list any good ones so keep a watch on this thread if you're interested.

If some wants to buy but won't be in Hobart to pick them up for a few weeks then I don't mind holding them in the meantime. Just let me know.

:D
Smurf1976
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries

Postby Smurf1976 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:15 pm

Update. Have tested some more and the list of what I have for sale is now:

A. Century 75-DG (12V, 75Ah, Gel) tested at 81% of original manufacturer's specified capacity. Asking $15.

B. Century 75-DG (12V, 75Ah, Gel) tested at 87% of original capacity. Asking $65.

C. Zap NPL20-12 (12V, 20Ah, AGM) tested at 97% of original capacity. Asking $19.
Smurf1976
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries

Postby Smurf1976 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:32 am

Well it seems that I misread the specs for these batteries.... :oops:

So I've re-done the maths and what I actually have for sale is:

A. Century 12V 70Ah deep cycle gel. Tested at 100% of original manufacturer's specifications (20 Hour rate) and I'm asking $95

B. Century 12V 70Ah deep cycle gel. Tested at 88% of original manufacturer's specifications (20 Hour rate) and I'm asking $40

$100 for both.

Background - I bought a pile of electrical stuff, some of which I wanted and some that I didn't and these batteries were among it. I'm now offering for sale the unwanted items. :)
Smurf1976
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Return to Secondhand Wind And Solar