Confusion about Net and Gross FiT in NSW

Financial support for wind and solar power in Australia - rebates, grants and feed in tariffs - can be a nightmare in navigating all the rules and regulations. Ask your questions and view related information here.

Confusion about Net and Gross FiT in NSW

Postby gyro » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:51 pm

[Moderator- moved to a topic of its own. Go to Energy Matters Forum Home page, then to the relevant section, to start a new topic]

Hi Folks
My neighbour is looking at installing solar from energy matters but there seems to be some confusion created by a visiting salesman from another company. In NSW is it possible to go NETT where you use the energy you produce from your panels and export the excess? Going GROSS is not an option because the supply from the grid at peak times is a lot higher than that offered as input.
I just hope I haven't barged into this blog with a different subject but I can't seem to make my own on this site.
Thanks in advance Gyro
gyro
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Re: Confusion about Net and Gross FiT in NSW

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:10 pm

Gross FiT has not been available in NSW for quite a while now, Net FiT is all there is.
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby gyro » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi Gordon
Excuse my ignorance but what does FiT mean?
Regards Tony
gyro
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:56 pm

It's the abbreviation for Feed in Tariff.
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Return to Renewable Energy Rebates And Incentives