Green Loans Assessors Adelaide

General tips, questions and answers about going green in your home and business. Achieve a more environmentally friendly lifestyle!

Green Loans Assessors Adelaide

Postby TonyC » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:26 am

Hi
I am seeking information about the work that is available as a HSA auditor. I am not qualified but interested to know from people in the field whether it is a viable business.
Many thanks. :?
TonyC
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Re: Green Loans Assessors Adelaide

Postby Tracker » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:59 pm

I would ignorantly and respectfully suggest that anything in the PV area is pretty much DEAD, until such times as the disaster happens.. ie Mr C.Rudd enacts his climate legislation.

He dropped the Solar-Homes Rebates that made PV just possible for the average home..
He no doubt will drop the Hot Water rebates, as the new legislation for replacement of electric-Storage gets closer in 2012, after which time, the replacement by the same type will be illegal. Why would they pay subsidies, when YOU have no choice at LAW.

As of today a REC is worth about $25.. Earlier this year it was $46.. 5 times 25 is NOTHING, leaving a potential PV customer to pay a very large differential.

Sorry - but I doubt that people will be prepared to pay the money for PV systems, even if interest free..

If Mr C.Rudd passes his expensive Climate-Tax Legislation, then REC prices might start to rise.. After that the industry might pick up.
Retired Engineer and keen PV experimenter - Always ready to learn and share.
2 x CMS2000 (fan cooled) GCI and SE 170W panels
1.7kW First Solar/Outback Island circuit - Peak Replacement Power
Governments won't save the world :-) They will just TAX it :-(
Tracker
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby AlanM » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:17 pm

I'm investigating getting my HSA accreditation as well, as well as finishing off the BCSE PV Design course I started a while back, but put on hold due to other things. I've heard from a friend that it's a bit slow-going at the moment in Melbourne, mainly because of the recession and people not wanting to spend much at the moment as a result, but I think once things improve, it may pick up again.

I'm also trying to obtain my BCSE accreditation for PV design, but need to jump through a few more hoops due to not being an electrician. I would also see if you can get something like this as well to complement the HSA accreditation.
AlanM
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby KarenS » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:35 pm

TonyC wrote:Hi
I am seeking information about the work that is available as a HSA auditor. I am not qualified but interested to know from people in the field whether it is a viable business.
Many thanks. :?

Join the ATA - Alternative Technology Association http://www.ata.org.au/
and have a look at the forums (fora?) there - there is an active thread about HSA stuff, and the sorts of things which are happening in training, and also discussion from those who are in receipt of the Assessments.

There has also been a bit of discussion in a thread here,

solar-wind-rebates/topic86.html
but not relating to your specific question.

I am going to ask the moderators to start a new thread for HSA stuff, and post to all the existing threads where this is mentioned - it is cranking up a bit just now, and there seem to be stray posts about some or other aspect of it all over the place, LOL.

Some people are happy, many are not, and it all seems to be taking much longer than anyone expected.
KarenS
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Return to Living Green