SOLAR CRISIS RALLY from AuSES

News, product developments and events occurring in the wind and solar power industry

SOLAR CRISIS RALLY from AuSES

Postby AuSES2010 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:23 am

Hey there, we're gathering support for tomorrow's SOLAR CRISIS RALLY at SYDNEY TOWN HALL (Nov 4) at 10AM.
As you probably know, the feed-in tariffs for NSW rooftop solar have been slashed by the NSW Gov from 60c to 20c - in effect making residential solar home owners subsidize coal generated electricity in this state!

Also up to 2000 jobs in the solar industry, in NSW alone, are now at risk and company closures are already happening so come along tomorrow morning to show your support and defend your right to affordable solar energy!

Visit the AuSES website
http://www.auses.org.au/solar-crisis-rally/

Share on facebook or twitter
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=158203414216279
http://twitter.com/ausolarenergys

and watch this video message from John Grimes (CEO of AuSES)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYuKKQKT1QQ

See you there.
AuSES
AuSES2010
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Re: SOLAR CRISIS RALLY from AuSES

Postby Joey » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:16 am

Umm looks umm like the umm rally was a waste of time.

Day before umm John Grimes is claiming a 1000 jobs will be lost , next day during interviews etc it suddenly jumps to 2000 jobs umm. probably more interesting than what he had to say was how many times he says umm.

Love one of the interviews where he states that the NSW governments decision is going to have a major impact on climate change haha
Great to see the Government thought the same and didn't even bother to attend.

Is anyone able to explain to me how installing Solar Panels is going to penalize the home owner ? being paid 20cents per kwh and being charge 24cents means a total cost now of 4cents per kwh you consume above what you produce.
Paying 4cents per kwh is a great incentive to install Solar Panels , or don't install them and pay 24 cents per kwh.

The most ridiculous part of all this campaign and all the complaining is that the Solar Industry is cutting their own throats here , scaring all potential customers off by convincing them it's now not worth installing solar panels.
I seem to recall not to far back it was all about saving the planet and preventing climate change that motivated people to install solar ? oh that's only if you can get paid for it right ?
No one was protesting about Climate Change it was all about their financial investment !
Joey
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Inspector » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:35 pm

Does anyone even know how many people turned up at the rally?

I found out too late to be able to attend...
"The standard you walk past is the standard you accept".
Inspector
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Joey » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:06 pm

Inspector wrote:Does anyone even know how many people turned up at the rally?

I found out too late to be able to attend...

Seems that only the Sponsor EM bothered to do a followup after the event , seems the news or no one else was interested , no mention of numbers except for the exaggerated 1000 umm I mean 2000 jobs that are going to be lost based on the 10 jobs lost that John Grimes knows about.
Doesn't sound like you missed anything Rich , actually I am certain you didn't !
Joey
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Tracker » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Joey wrote:Love one of the interviews where he states that the NSW government's decision is going to have a major impact on climate change

At least we agree on that point.. What 'Climate Change' ???...
So yes, it will have no effect, but that is not the point, as Ms Christina Canhardly is out of her depth.

I have little doubt that there will be a significant impact on the scale of PV installations in NSW, and hence Solar-Industry employment. How many were actually greedy and planning to install PV as an income source ?
It's probably good that that option is now gone.

The most ridiculous part of all this campaign and all the complaining is that the Solar Industry is cutting their own throats here , scaring all potential customers off by convincing them it's now not worth installing solar panels.

In life, a response is most often obtained by either the carrot or the stick enticement.
With hot water - there was the Carrot of rebates, and I understand that these finish at the end of the month, and after Jan-1st. it reverts to the stick. and that is how it will be for the future. == No Choice..

So, with the PV-Industry, it now boils down to a case of our Govt. declaring that "Like-it or lump-it -- We are going to screw you" .... but you have a choice as to how badly you get screwed..

Now that the USA and other major powers have declared that they will not implement Carbon-Trading and Carbon-Taxes, and we know that the developing nations like China and India, have no thought to play fair, I wonder just what the future holds for Australia.. Will we join with stupid NZ and show the world that at least WE have an environmental conscience, no matter what the cost or effect..
Will we refuse to sell coal to India and China, as a matter of principle?
Will we make the coal producers, effectively pay a carbon-tax, on behalf of India and China ?

We do deserve what we get...
Retired Engineer and keen PV experimenter - Always ready to learn and share.
2 x CMS2000 (fan cooled) GCI and SE 170W panels
1.7kW First Solar/Outback Island circuit - Peak Replacement Power
Governments won't save the world :-) They will just TAX it :-(
Tracker
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Joey » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:05 am

Tracker wrote:I have little doubt that there will be a significant impact on the scale of PV installations in NSW, and hence Solar-Industry employment. How many were actually greedy and planning to install PV as an income source ?
It's probably good that that option is now gone.

Most definitely , I think you are asking the question that should have been asked before it was an option , I think if it was there could have been a sustained industry.

So, with the PV-Industry, it now boils down to a case of our Govt. declaring that "Like-it or lump-it -- We are going to screw you" .... but you have a choice as to how badly you get screwed..

If anything good can come of this it will be a warning to people taking things for granted then making decisions based on it is risky business.

Will we join with stupid NZ and show the world that at least WE have an environmental conscience, no matter what the cost or effect..
We do deserve what we get...

I certainly hope not but as climate change believers seems to have the sheep mentality following NZ's lead fits perfectly.
Joey
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Return to Solar And Wind Power News