New

Say g'day and tell us a little bit about yourself if you wish. If you have a wind or solar power system, big or small; flaunt its specs here!

New

Postby Hastings » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:55 am

Hi all.
Very thankful to the universe for allowing such technologies to have evolved for all of us to use.
Without forums like this, I would be much dummer for it.
Anyway's, about to set up off grid in the next couple of months East of Gloucester NSW and although i have just completed a 12v build in a camper, I'm now completely bamboozled by all the jargon.
I need to start from scratch, but don't know where scratch is. All I know is I'm going to be using about 2.5 - 3 kws. Anybody?
Thank all.
Hastings
Solar Fanatic
Solar Fanatic

Re: New

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:48 pm

Welcome to the Energy Matters Forum Hastings :)

Plenty of off-grid threads on here to read through. If doing a system for your house, I'd recommend a 24V or 48V (nominal) system. I'd recommend a Lithium (LiFePO4) over a Lead-acid battery, similar cost for usable capacity, and significantly more efficient. Plenty of discussion about Lithium batteries on here too.
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Re: New

Postby Hastings » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:24 am

Thanks Gordon, Ive been busily reading all the posts. Great lot of content here.
Hastings
Solar Fanatic
Solar Fanatic

Return to Introduce yourself