Hi Tom from the Goldie

Say g'day and tell us a little bit about yourself if you wish. If you have a wind or solar power system, big or small; flaunt its specs here!

Re: Hi Tom from the Goldie

Postby Monkeytom » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi Gordon, yes I was short on time so I did not want to mess with it, I will try and post some pics over the weekend,
I rejigged my solar panels today I now have 5 Kw of panels on the off grid with room for another Kw if we need it,
My CMS 2000 has had for a while now 2Kw facing north and a Kw facing East and a Kw facing West, virtual tracking I have really noticed a large increase In output Kwh before the extra panels I was making 12+ Kwh on a good sunny summer day, now we are getting 19-20 Kwh better than a 50% improvement, the muffin fan on a timer is taking care of the inverter heat and keeping it much cooler.
Monkeytom
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Postby Monkeytom » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Here is a pic of the 1987 37 watt 12 volt panels

here is the DC to DC converter
Here is the capacity meter
Monkeytom
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Postby Monkeytom » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:06 pm

Here is the DC to DC converter pic
Monkeytom
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Postby Monkeytom » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:46 pm

Well it's over two years now since my system with the pair of Pip4048HS has been in and I am happy to report all good, apart from a blowen battery 100A fuse and I don't know why but I replaced it and it's been 6 months and all good, the system has paid for itself in the last two years so I am very happy with everything, I did change the inverters over master/slave just a software change to share the working hours, I have been thinking of changing the inverters out with some new pip5048 units and selling the 4048s off
I did add some more solar panels too so off grid we now have 6kw of panels 3kw on each inverter solar charge controller and that's working great so to is the grid tie system it also has 6kw of panels on my CMS2000 inverter 2kw facing east 2kw north and 2kw west with the vertual tracking working great we are doing about 21.5 kWh per day at the moment
Happy days mt
Last edited by Monkeytom on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monkeytom
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi Tom, good to hear your system has been reliable.

I think you need to do something with your photobucket account, as your photos have vanished.
It's always best to post them directly on the forum to avoid this sort of thing happening.
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby Monkeytom » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:02 pm

Hi latest update, All good, coming up three years now The pair of PIP4048's have worked great, I have had a couple of blown 100 amp fuses along the way, the reason for this is if a heavy load is switched on that's over 4KW before the second inverter fires up and comes online the 100 amp fuse can blow, the fix was to replace the fuses with 125 Amp ones and no further trouble.
I took the plunge today and bought two new inverters PIP5048 PF 1.0 with the 80Amp MPPT solar controllers so I can add some more panels for the lower solar input over winter.. and will sell off the 4048's to help fund the new ones Happy Days
Monkeytom
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Previous

Return to Introduce yourself