ENERGY COMPARISON

The greenest watt is the one you don't have to create. Energy efficiency is the low hanging fruit of greening our homes. Ask your questions or post your energy efficiency tips in here!

ENERGY COMPARISON

Postby GarnZ » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:52 pm

I have been inundated by agents wanting to give me an electrical supply comparison via the telephone.

These comparison companies do try hard…….
However, they do admit its up to the actual main supplier as to whether or not a good comparison is available.

I suggested the following.
Only compare electrical supplier in the same post code.
Ideally, with the approximately the same overall consumption.
The same number of days and the same season or quarter.

Compare electrical itemisation under a strict definition of elements such as…
Quarter…. No of Days (usually 91days0
Consumption $/ kWh/ day
Peak
Off-Peak
Shoulder
Dedicated Circuit(s)

Supply Charge ($ / day)
Retailer Solar Buy-back rate $/ kWh /day
Rebate (eg. NSW Govn pension etc).$
GST.....(10%) $

None of the "agents for comparison" seem to want to address all these parameters, They merely want to say we can offer a 26 or 28% REDUCTION IN YOUR ELECTRICITY BILL, So that a rational approach cannot be determined. RegardZ.
Sydney ~ North facing Solar 2Kw system,12 x Suntelligence - 175watt Mono panels (2 strings of 6 panels). Orion SPG-360-2KO inverter, Connected to grid - 2/06/2010.
Meter change over and "Net'" conversion 6th July 2017.
GarnZ
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Re: ENERGY COMPARISON

Postby GarnZ » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:26 am

Well! I had a chance to compare bills with my next door neighbour, he is with AGL, I am with Energy Australia.
They compare favourably, however, the noticeable differences was...
The AGL (92) day bill displays a (last) meter reading(s) record of use and a (final) meter reading(s) for current bill.
The Energy Australia (92 day) bill give no such data! meaning that usage cannot be reconciled.
RegardZ.
Sydney ~ North facing Solar 2Kw system,12 x Suntelligence - 175watt Mono panels (2 strings of 6 panels). Orion SPG-360-2KO inverter, Connected to grid - 2/06/2010.
Meter change over and "Net'" conversion 6th July 2017.
GarnZ
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Return to Energy Efficiency