What's next (after the end of the GFiT)?

New to renewable energy? Have questions? Here's a great place to ask them and view information about wind and solar power basics.

Re: What's next (after the end of the GFiT)?

Postby pat » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:30 am

I sent a email of to our net meter installer asking him if eventually we would be forced in the future to accept smart meter or be penalised if we don't, well took him some weeks to answer but his reply was no its entirely up to home owner to accept origin offer of free smart meter and with no penalty for not ...So Im sticking with my own net meter install even though its costing me money......Cant help thinking that eventually the power company will get there own way... Im in nsw
pat
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Re: What's next (after the end of the GFiT)?

Postby pat » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Well surprise surprise ,didn't need a meter change after all ,the meter installer that I had organised to change from gross to net metering turned up on 31st dec at four pm and took 15 minutes to reconfigure my em 1200 gross meter to a net meter ,when I asked him how come no new meter his reply was I think the powers to be had a little bit of pressure put on them about this ...So much for not being able to do this conversion when asked at the beginning of 2016 ..What a load of bull@@@@..... Pat
pat
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Previous

Return to Q&A - wind and solar power basics