Nissan Leaf Lithium cells

Looking for pre-loved wind and solar power gear? Have used equipment for sale? Post your wanting to buy or wanting to sell ad absolutely free here! Includes Energy Matters "bargain table" clearance specials!

Nissan Leaf Lithium cells

Postby beaujewel » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:11 pm

I have 24 Nissan leaf cells available. 8.2v, 55ah approx. From a 2012 Leaf. Im using the remainder in a Motorhome conversion. $160 Each. Can be freighted.
beaujewel
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Re: Nissan Leaf Lithium cells

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:18 pm

8.2V would be 2 cells in series, wouldn't it?
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby beaujewel » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:40 pm

They are an unusual configuration, 2s2p in each "cell" So each individual cell has 4 4.1v pouches inside.
beaujewel
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Postby Warpspeed » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:50 pm

These are the normal Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries similar to Winstons and all the others.

The only peculiarity is that each Leaf battery module contains a pair of 55 Ah cells in series and has three output terminals on the top of each module, instead of the more usual two for a single cell.
Charging voltage is 4.1 volts and lowest recommended discharge voltage 3.0 volts per cell.
Nominal voltage is probably around to 3.25 volts per cell, and one Leaf module maybe 6.5 volts nominal for both the cells each module contains at about the 50% discharged level.

So you would normally need two of these Leaf modules for a 12 volt system, and eight for a 48 volt system.

Only a few weeks ago I looked into importing some of these Leaf modules from the US myself, but bringing them into Australia was problematic, so decided to go with some brand new 60 Ah Winstons instead.

These could be a good deal for someone, as the price is well below what I paid for the Winstons.
Warpspeed
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Return to Secondhand Wind And Solar