Searching for best available export FiT rates, Newcastle

Financial support for wind and solar power in Australia - rebates, grants and feed in tariffs - can be a nightmare in navigating all the rules and regulations. Ask your questions and view related information here.

Re: Searching for best available export FiT rates, Newcastle

Postby jaahn » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:24 am

Hi Gordon :)
Thanks for that. It does not look good for my modest usage. The standing charges will then include the charge for the right to the discount prices which does not suit a small user.

Interesting concept ? It may suit, as they say, a bigger user, like my daughter :roll:

Some might argue another phoney way of getting the punters in, with out really offering a simple cheaper solution.
Jaahn
jaahn
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:16 pm

How did you go Jaahn?
In case you've have had no luck so far, it might be worth signing up for the new trial being run by CHOICE, see here for some info:
solar-wind-rebates/topic6825.html
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby jaahn » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:34 am

Hi Gordon :)
Thanks for that. However I may not be going that way. I have just purchased ~3Kws of used solar panels and will possibly aim to go off the grid completely. But I may be a bit slow getting it together. :?

Interestingly there are lots of used panels out there currently in the cities, for a good price. When people "upgrade" their systems to battery or whatever, the old panels just get taken off and a completely new set is fitted. Cheaper is quoted as the reason :?: !! The electricians then sell of the old panels for some money on the side ?? :shock: They seem surprised there is a demand for them. My panels are 6-7 years old aussie made. Disconnected with a side cutter though !

City style of doing things is just wasteful that's for sure, but an opportunity may be here just now for others to benefit by recycling the "waste" :mrgreen:
Cheers Jaahn
jaahn
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby jules » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:01 pm

When people "upgrade" their systems to battery or whatever, the old panels just get taken off and a completely new set is fitted. Cheaper is quoted as the reason :?: !!

Yes, I've noticed that and I don't get it but congratulations, it's a great opportunity to get a good system up and going without spending a fortune. It would also be a ridiculous waste if those panels were just scrapped, if that's what happens.

I've been wondering if the supply of 2nd hand panels might increase after the demise of the 60c [NSW] feed-in tariff.

Jules
Primary system: .8KW Trina panels; Plasmatronics PL40; 1,000Ah VRLA 12X2V battery bank; 1.7KW Selectronic inverter

Veteran system, semi retired: 6 X 55W Solarex 12V panels; Fangpusun CC; 6 X 2V, 35 year old 550Ah lead acid flooded cell batteries.
jules
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:07 pm

It may well increase, I've heard some people suggest that they are going to take their PV systems off the roof after the end of the 60c GFiT... although why they would do that makes no sense to me.
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:14 pm

Perhaps this forum member has some for sale, last report was that he was turning his system off...

solar-wind-rebates/topic3849-10.html#p50690
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Previous

Return to Renewable Energy Rebates And Incentives