Bill after solar power installation

Financial support for wind and solar power in Australia - rebates, grants and feed in tariffs - can be a nightmare in navigating all the rules and regulations. Ask your questions and view related information here.

Bill after solar power installation

Postby Dazzacarter » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:11 pm

Hi everyone
We installed a 5.5 kW system about 3yrs ago and was told it wold pretty much pay for itself with the savings we would get. We use the power for cooking etc during the day and we got rid of our hot water tariff and still r getting $400 Bills, just not sure if this is still to much or am I expecting to much
Regards frustrated
Dazzacarter
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Re: Bill after solar power installation

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:56 pm

Welcome to the Energy Matters Forums Dazzacarter :)

More information would be required before any indication could be given about what is going on with your solar power and bills.

Are your bills unchanged since before you had solar power?
How many units per day were you using then, and how many now?
What is the distribution of your power usage - is much of your output used during the day when most power is being produced by your system, or do you use most at night?
How many kWh per day is your system producing?
Is any of your solar array shaded at all during the day, by TV antennae, trees etc?
How much are you being paid per unit of exported electricity?
Have the fixed charges or the charge per kWh imported changed since before you had your system installed?
Do you have any sort of solar system/energy monitoring/logging?
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby GarnZ » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:57 pm

!. What was the approx' bill before installation?
2. Where is the installation (State)?
3. Make some enquires to your supplier, It may have to be registered or possibly incorrect connections!
RegardZ.
Sydney ~ North facing Solar 2Kw system,12 x Suntelligence - 175watt Mono panels (2 strings of 6 panels). Orion SPG-360-2KO inverter, Connected to grid - 2/06/2010.
GarnZ
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby jaahn » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:57 am

Hi,
I have a much smaller system and did not expect it to fully support us. But if i had a 5.5 Kw system I would have high expectations even allowing for the very low price paid back for power now.
However the details are important as the others have already said. How many in the family, ages, where are you, what are the details of the contract, meter type etc etc.

My bill sets out the three levels of charging rates and I could go back and compare. However yor supplier may be able to explain what system he(she) has set up for you and how that may be changed for your advantage.
Jaahn
jaahn
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Return to Renewable Energy Rebates And Incentives