Realization MPPT with DSpace

News, product developments and events occurring in the wind and solar power industry

Realization MPPT with DSpace

Postby atam1987 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:08 am

Good Day to all?

I am a PhD student, I already have a simulation of MPPT control, now my supervisor requires that I must make a realization of the MPPT control (to apply a photovoltaic panel) with DSpace, what should I do as a first step to achieving this?

Thanks in Advance?
atam1987
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Re: Realization MPPT with DSpace

Postby Tracker » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:33 am

atam1987 wrote:.... that I must make a realization of the MPPT control (to apply a photovoltaic panel) with DSpace, what should I do as a first step to achieving this?

Perhaps a little more detail... DSpace..? Is that a panel brand or a programming language..

I have to say that developing a MPP philosophy is one thing, but implementation is a massive step forward..

Good luck, and I hope that someone here has some practical thoughts to help..
Retired Engineer and keen PV experimenter - Always ready to learn and share.
2 x CMS2000 (fan cooled) GCI and SE 170W panels
1.7kW First Solar/Outback Island circuit - Peak Replacement Power
Governments won't save the world :-) They will just TAX it :-(
Tracker
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Warpspeed » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:00 am

I think he means D Spice, which I believe is an offshoot version of the venerable P Spice.
It is an electronic hardware simulation package.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSpice

How you would go about defining an EXACT mathematical model of the electrical, optical, and thermal characteristics a solar photovoltaic panel, I could not even begin to imagine.
The MPPT part of this should be fairly straightforward.
Warpspeed
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby easty » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:43 am

Hi Pal

For my dissertation (Bachelors degree) I modelled a full photovoltaic water pumping system using P Spice. Now I have never used D Spice but if they are similar then a very good place to start would be with the book 'Modelling photovoltaics using PSpice'

The full PDF of the book is available for free online. I am not sure whether I am allowed to include a link on here but it will be easy for you to find via Google.

Can I ask why you are not using Matlab/Simulink for your tasks as apparently it is easier to use. For all my modelling purposes I had previously used Multisim or PSpice. But that was mainly due to me coming through the electrical and electronic route. I have been advised that it would be better for me to learn to use Matlab/Simulink. I would be interested to hear if that is also the case in Australia.
easty
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Return to Solar And Wind Power News