SolarGen now under administration

News, product developments and events occurring in the wind and solar power industry

SolarGen now under administration

Postby cw nsw » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:40 pm

Solar Gen is now under administration

http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/g ... &srchsrc=1
cw nsw
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Re: SolarGen now under administration

Postby Tracker » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:41 pm

and , dare one say - many more to follow, ...... :(
especially those carrying unsaleable stock,
whilst actual new stock is decreasing in cost..
Tracker
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby variflex » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Hmmm, Thats not good,
Hopefully they can trade out of it although I highly doubt it,
As my system was installed by Solargen it would be good to have a company to go back to incase of any issues
No doubt there will be more to come as Tracker mentioned
variflex
Solar Evangelist
Solar Evangelist

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:45 pm

Can anyone tell me what will be happening with Solargen now that they are in administration? We paid almost $6000 in May for our solar panels etc., got the contracts signed but no further... and now it seems our money has disappeared. Solargen are not answering / returning any calls or emails. We are really, really upset - had finally saved up the money to go solar & now it seems we will be left with nothing. It's a hell of a lot of money to throw away.
Harriet
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby cw nsw » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:57 pm

Harriet,

Sadly SolarGen are now in liquidation. The insolvency firm handling the matter is GS Andrews & Associates, (03) 9662 2666. They have now taken over the books and have a list of all creditors and will be sending out a circular to everyone on that list at the end of this week.

Perhaps you could phone them to make sure that your name & details are on that list.

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation, it seems that there are many in a similar boat.
cw nsw
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby cw nsw » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:57 pm

I don't know how much media coverage the SolarGen collapse has generated, but the Canberra Times ran this story today.
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/lo ... ?src=enews

"Liquidator Greg Andrews said SolarGen's failure left customers with little chance of recovering any money paid to the company.

He said about 300 customers around Australia had paid SolarGen at least 25 per cent to the entire cost of photo voltaic systems which it could now not install
."

From comments made by many over at WP, it seems that the primary onus for the company's failure could be sheeted home to the appalling management practices & personal greed of owners & snr mgt.
cw nsw
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby joal » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:19 am

many companies now offer free install of solar panals in the uk now so could be partly to blame
joal
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby Tracker » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:58 am

Without any jest, it's about time that we started a new thread category... "The demise of renewable power - Julia's Revenge"

There, we could start to list the closures, the reductions, the stores of unsalable product, the sale of houses used as collateral, the failures to supply paid-for-goods, the warnings, etc. etc.

The Roof-Insulation fiasco revisited ! :twisted:

The cost of energy is rising, but NOT fast enough to cause folk to "Pay Anything" for solar, just so they can survive, as Juliar expects

We now anticipate the ultimate loss of hope ! God help them !
Tracker
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby dazza » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:26 am

Hi,
I am new to this forum as I have not had any issues on my Solargen system unlit now.

My system has stopped working and after reading this blog I now understand why Solargen are not returning my calls.
Does anyone know how I can get my solar system checked out as it has stopped working.
My normal does not do solar system. Any recommendations on who I can call to take a look? SE suburbs Melbourne.
It is a 2.09Kw system with (11x190) JR solar panels and a 3Kw Sunteams inverter.
The inverter has the fault light on but No power is being generated and resetting the systemm does nothing to fix it.
I hope someone can point me in the right direction :)
Thanks
Dazza
dazza
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby Inspector » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:23 pm

dazza, have you tried contacting the insolvency firm mentioned earlier in this thread? That would be the best place to start. Otherwise you'll need to find the nearest accredited installer (from the "Find an Installer" on http://www.solaraccreditation.com.au website) or alternatively contact the inverter manufacturer directly if it's an obvious inverter problem.

Most fault lights will be accompanied with an error code on the inverter display. What fault code is it? With that information we might be able to assist you further.
"The standard you walk past is the standard you accept".
Inspector
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Next

Return to Solar And Wind Power News