Circuit drawings for W7 inverter

Getting into the nuts and bolts of wind and solar power components, installation and performance issues, ask technical questions, answers and tips

Circuit drawings for W7 inverter

Postby Solar@wind » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:57 pm

HI crew,.
Long time back ,in the very long postings on the W7 mods, someone posted the drawings for the workings of the inverter.

IF you remember or have tagged these drawings ,could you please submit the page again.,I,Ve tried for an hour or so ,that will tell us how long this post went for ,,months.

WHat oI,Ve done is removed the little remote board from the unit holding the DB 9 remote connection connector, I,Ve got the three control pin outs,OK, but would like to know a bit more about those three connections.
On later models ,they had RJ type connectors at both ends ,so it was easy ,but no color matching on the DB ,it,apcb.

Thanks

Bruce
Solar@wind
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Re: Circuit drawings for W7 inverter

Postby jdevine82 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:14 pm

Hi
there isnt a complete manual, but there is a repair manual here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_OmJf ... sp=sharing

Also oztules over at fieldlines in a post has scribbled down on paper the pinout for the small daughterboard that controls charge voltage and the on/off/powersave switch. I have a scribble i worked out somewhere of the same thing but I only did the basic switch and fla setting.
hope it helps.
jdevine82
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby jdevine82 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:33 pm

hi also further
i found a oztules post(all credit to him!) with this image of the pinout of the daughter board that you need. you should be able to follow pinout to db9 from here.
glen5.png
jdevine82
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby Solar@wind » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:20 pm

Thanks JDevine,

In removing the 4 pin -in-line connector to this little daughter board on top of the main board (that the db9 is soldered onto , I unfortunately broke away two of the 4 little pins onthe pcb.. I was very careful,using gentle leverage , but too late ,it happened.

This is another reason for my wanting the board pcb layout and connections,,so I can gently re solder either the pins or a small strap of ribbon cable to another connector.

a bit difficult to understand me ,but it,s a small pcb ,about 45mm by 65mm ,very fine tracks. I,ll try and reconnect the small connector pins (2 of them came out ) with fine soldering and super glue for strength..

Thanks

bruce
Solar@wind
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Return to Components, Installation And Performance