Hi from Montytarnie

Say g'day and tell us a little bit about yourself if you wish. If you have a wind or solar power system, big or small; flaunt its specs here!

Hi from Montytarnie

Postby Montytarnie » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:19 am

Hi I found this forum whilst looking for water transfer pumps, and soon realised it seems like a fantastic source. My main interest is achieving energy efficiency at my 1950s home and ideas for building an energy efficient home on an acreage yet to be purchased. I look forward to contributing and learning from others.

Best wishes
Montytarnie
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Re: Hi from Montytarnie

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:18 am

Welcome to the Energy Matters Forums Montytarnie :)

I would think insulation would be the place to start for upgrading a 1950's era house, as many older houses had minimal insulation installed originally.
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Re: Hi from Montytarnie

Postby Montytarnie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:30 am

Thanks Gordon. yes I'm in the middle of replacing insulation in the roof, also considering a foam board insulation under the wooden floorboards. We have had a 2.5 KW solar system for around 18 months and I must say that has been a great investment.
Montytarnie
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Return to Introduce yourself