The TRUE cost of your energy - in different States

There's more to renewable energy than just wind and solar power - hydro, wave, geothermal to name a few. Discuss these RE alternatives here!

The TRUE cost of your energy - in different States

Postby Tracker » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:15 am

Hi Guys..

I just did a rather pointless exercise for me, and tried to determine the true cost of GRID power.. ie .. the actual cost of power and service charges

I did this by adding up the TOTAL UNITS consumed (via Time-Of-Use figures) and. Dividing the total bill amount by the TOTAL UNITS used, and this gives a true cost..

Just curious about the true cost of power for others in different States

Be sure to only use the CONSUMED power and Consumption costs.. ie.. remove. Feed-In amounts etc..

The exercise.was rather biased for us, because we are on variable (time of use) rates and a.deal of the most expensive PEAK power, is supplied by Hybrid Solar Power, and so our bill should be a deal higher, thus creating a truer average cost of energy..

Peter
Retired Engineer and keen PV experimenter - Always ready to learn and share.
2 x CMS2000 (fan cooled) GCI and SE 170W panels
1.7kW First Solar/Outback Island circuit - Peak Replacement Power
Governments won't save the world :-) They will just TAX it :-(
Tracker
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Re: The TRUE cost of your energy - in different States

Postby APR » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:03 am

Tracker wrote:..
Hi Guys..

Just curious about the true cost of power for others in different States

Peter

Hi Peter,

I am also using a Hybrid system with battery storage, and am in an Essential Energy area using Origin at present on a TOU plan. I get 18% pay on time discount off usage but not the service charge, and my rates are as follows:-

I have usage data in a spreadsheet for the first 92 days of what will be around a 98 day current billing period, and these are my usage figures for the different charge rates so far:-

In around 4 days time when the current billing period ends I will be with Diamond Energy for billing.
2 x Goodwe GW5048D-ES Hybrid inverters, 13kW panels, 20kWh LiFePO4
Mk2 PV Router feeding excess solar generation to a 3.6kW 250 ltr HWS
APR
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Return to Other renewable energy