Electric scooter

Into electric cars, hydrogen engines, biodiesel; in fact any sort of alternative fuel vehicle? Here's the place for you - questions, tips, resources and electric car/alternative fuel vehicle news.

Re: Electric scooter

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:55 pm

What sort of batteries are you using, and how deep do you discharge them?
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby Dricus » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:12 pm

The batteries are Deep Cycle Sealed Lead Acid.

The scooter controller cuts off the power when the voltage drops below 42V. Should probably not let it discharge that much? I usually charge when it drops below 45-46V.
Based in Shanghai, China, working in PV manufacturing industry 7+ years. If you're interested, check out my blog Sinovoltaics. It's mainly about solar panel quality from PV manufacturers in Asia
Dricus
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:24 pm

It's surprising that they last that long if you are taking the voltage so low, although it depends a lot on whether that is an unloaded voltage or not, and if there is load, how much.
If you plan to keep the scooter for a while, it might be worth looking at Lithium battery, to give you a bit more zip and range.
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby Dricus » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:25 pm

I definitely like to try Lithium batteries 8-)
Based in Shanghai, China, working in PV manufacturing industry 7+ years. If you're interested, check out my blog Sinovoltaics. It's mainly about solar panel quality from PV manufacturers in Asia
Dricus
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Previous

Return to Electric/Alternative Fuel Vehicles