A new project!!

General tips, questions and answers about going green in your home and business. Achieve a more environmentally friendly lifestyle!

Re: A new project!!

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:45 pm

hmm, impossible to diagnose with no info, it could be any number of problems from water chemistry, pH etc to water temperature. If they used to make an appearance for food, but no longer do, I'd assume they were no longer there. My trout last year became more and more enthusiastic when feeding over time- I'd stick my hand in the 4000l water tank and they'd all smash into my hand to get the food in a real frenzy, even when at 500g.
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Re: A new project!!

Postby keanw141175 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:08 pm

Thanks for the replies.
Yes, it seems a hard nut to crack but I'm sure we will figure it out. We are located in the South West of Victoria and with the dam being so deep I'm sure the water temp won't be a problem.
The fish I have just picked up from the Ballarat Hatchery ( funny bunch of old fella's there!!) and they are in the larger size 15-20cm area. They have been in the dam now for 3 weeks and seem to be doing fine. Everytime we go to the block (no structures,power,water on it) they seem to always be jumping out of the dam around dusk/feeding time. Kids love it.
I am thinking more about something at the bottom of the dam to move the water around and have been you-tubing and googling my heart out trying to find more specifics to get this to happen.
From what I gather if i could get a large enough water pump and use the Venturi effect I should be able to do what I am after. The only problem being 12volt, solar, batteries. If this was a 240v project you probably wouldn't be reading this.

I will keep on researching and if I find something I will definitely post up.

Once again thanks for your replies.
keanw141175
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Previous

Return to Living Green