evac tube hot water service 'help'

There's more to renewable energy than just wind and solar power - hydro, wave, geothermal to name a few. Discuss these RE alternatives here!

evac tube hot water service 'help'

Postby reelmick » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:52 pm

good evening everybody ,long time lurker here with a problem, after 3 years of happy free hot water test have confirmed that the pressure pipe coiled in the tank is leaking and pressurising tank,causing it to overflow, has anyone ever pulled the copper coil out ? can it be done ? it was bought from fx larkin which has gone out of business so no help there ,any help appreciated. Mick
reelmick
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Re: evac tube hot water service 'help'

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:16 pm

Welcome to the energy Matters Forums Reelmick :)

Sorry to hear about your corrosion problem, were you running a sacrificial anode in the tank?
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby Taswind » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:34 pm

G'day Mick , would not be a easy job , you would have to cut one or both ends off to get the coil out as they are usually fastened to the ends of the tank by support legs with the coil supported in these .
Taswind
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby reelmick » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:29 am

thanks for the replies, I dont think its corrosion problem,more a chinese quality control ,I will cut off one end and reseal if i have to ,and replace coil or repair it .Has anyone had to do this before ? .its a shame i've been happy with the unit even now its bypassed i still have to top up resivoir tank as here in lake macquarie in winter the water still boils away ,i'm about to cover with sarlon so i can work on it. Thanks Mick
reelmick
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Return to Other renewable energy