HL (Hybrid Luxury) CAMRY toyota

Into electric cars, hydrogen engines, biodiesel; in fact any sort of alternative fuel vehicle? Here's the place for you - questions, tips, resources and electric car/alternative fuel vehicle news.

Re: HL (Hybrid Luxury) CAMRY toyota

Postby Whitespeed » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:59 pm

Love the idea of the Ebike. Especially since we can charge entirely off grid. However with a 150km daily commute it would wear thin really quickly :) wife is the same with at least 100km of 100km speed limits on her commute, other drivers would soon tire of 80kmh

However the theory of reduced speeds is not lost on me. When on night shift, if no other cars are around even my xr6 will average 6.5lph going to work. Only increases time by around 6 minutes. I can live with that but unfair to other drivers :)
Whitespeed
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Re: HL (Hybrid Luxury) CAMRY toyota

Postby offgridQLD » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:23 pm

I tend to stick to the speed limits on the roads unless like you say it's a very quiet road. There is a lot to be gained by going the back roads in a electric car 80kmh speed limits vs 100- 110km on the freeway.

That said my most economic run on my regular 104km trip i do was going the freeway steady 100kmh (perhaps there was a tail wind) and my most consuming run I have done was going the back roads . I got every single red light and train crossing you could get , stop-start,stop,start each time you have to get that weight moving again chews energy.

Kurt
Offgrid 2008, Selectronic PS1 6kw/48v inverter, x 2 Midnite solar classic 150 MPPT, 3960w NE PV 24 x 165w BP panels, 4200w NW PV 21 x 200w DAQO PV, 16x400ah lithium.
offgridQLD
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Previous

Return to Electric/Alternative Fuel Vehicles