ipod gen2 - "Error getting location from Core Location"

Support forum for the Energy Matters Solar Analyser; a FREE solar power site evaluation tool for the iPhone and iPod Touch that provides full solar site analysis (Australia only)!

ipod gen2 - "Error getting location from Core Location"

Postby Bthree » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Just fired up your analyser and got most of the info in without too much thinking but,

Keep getting an Error message "Error getting location from Core Location" [unknown error]
press Okay

pops up after each analysis then re-occures every 20sec and continually in the end, can't cancel

Still don't know exactly what I am doing, any ideas ?
Network = Powercor .. Retailer = Origin .. Installed Christmas 2008
Latronics PV-1200 feed by 8xTrina TSM DC-01 .. 170watt = 1360watts DC in .. 1096watts AC out .. 5+years later 990watts ac out
Bthree
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Re: ipod gen2 error message

Postby EnergyMatters » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:50 am

Hi Bthree,

Some advice from the programmer of the app:

"What OS are you running on your iPod? Please make sure you are running 3.1 or higher.

"Core Location" is the iPhone resource that determines your position using cell towers, WiFi or GPS. The iPod Touch has no cell tower or GPS location services, but it will try to find your location based on WiFi. This is not very reliable. The application should be detecting that it is running on the iPod Touch, disabling the core location capability. The position can be entered manually via the set-up page. So, I do not understand why you would be getting this error.

As a work around, If you exit the app and go to Settings > General you will see a "Location Services" switch. Turn this "OFF" and fire up Solar Analyser again. If asked "Do you would like to use/enable Location Services", select "NO" or "Cancel". you should then be able to manually enter your location in Set-up. if that does not do it, an update is coming very soon that will ensure this error is corrected for iPod touch users"

Michael
Energy Matters Forum Team

Check out Energy Matters' current solar power specials
or try our instant online solar quoting system!
EnergyMatters
Site Admin

Re: ipod gen2 - "Error getting location from Core Location"

Postby Bthree » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Hi Michael,

Current version is 3.1.2

Was able to enter all my local parameters correctly and got what I see as good results a little optimistic.
its just that error message that keeps popping up. Even after all is finished.

Great little program BTW will be interested to see more PV cell types and inverters added
maybe a custom section that you could manually put in our own specs !
Network = Powercor .. Retailer = Origin .. Installed Christmas 2008
Latronics PV-1200 feed by 8xTrina TSM DC-01 .. 170watt = 1360watts DC in .. 1096watts AC out .. 5+years later 990watts ac out
Bthree
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Re: ipod gen2 - "Error getting location from Core Location"

Postby Fonsecn » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:11 pm

Bthree wrote:Hi Michael,

Current version is 3.1.2

Was able to enter all my local parameters correctly and got what I see as good results a little optimistic.
its just that error message that keeps popping up. Even after all is finished.

Great little program BTW will be interested to see more PV cell types and inverters added
maybe a custom section that you could manually put in our own specs !

"What OS are you running on your iPod? Please make sure you are running 3.1 or higher.
Fonsecn
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Return to Solar Analyser Support