Urban Myth ? - Dont Sleep Under Your Fuse Box/Inverter.

A place to discuss non-renewable energy or green living related topics covered by other categories. Discuss anything you like (within reason) - just play nice y'all y' hear? :)

Urban Myth ? - Dont Sleep Under Your Fuse Box/Inverter.

Postby relaxedcamper » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:12 am

So perhaps I'll start with an urban myth that also ties into the whole solar theme.

There is alot of talk in the post below about EMF (electro magnetic fields) (Electro magnetic radiation)

wind-solar-misc/topic883.html

So I put my ear to the ground, sat quietly in a little coffee shop drinking my hip decaf chi tea and eating a lentil muffin, and there are worried people out there. They are worried by about sleeping in their bed room where the power box/fuse box is on the outside wall above their head. They also avoid walking beside their humming inverter during the day in case they get ‘poisoned’ by the 'radiation'.

I can even draw upon my own personally financed recent undercover investigation and publish some of my findings from page 102 of my journal.....

.....and the young couple sitting beside me looked a little bedraggled, their eyes were framed with dark rings and their posture lacked the vigor of their age.....

"Selwyn...you know this all happened after we changed our bedroom around. Since we moved the bed to the other side I haven't felt the same"...

"Danny, oh you’re right, I just thought it was me....but there’s nothing out there...is there...just the power box...?”

So I probed this a little further and have uncovered some mind blowing hard evidence :o to qualify
my findings. I am so happy that this site is here to allow me to tell the masses about the problems of .......

... oh there's a big black car pulled up outside with a radar dish on the roof..... Bettter press the Submit button before th.....

http://www.fengshui4modernliving.com.au/EMF.htm
Network = POWERCOR - Retailer = ORIGIN - 11 Sharp 180w Panels NUSOE3E - Fronius IG 20 IP45 Inverter - 1.98KW Grid Interactive System - DUX SunPro 415L 3 Flat Panels Solar Hot Water - 26,600 Lts Rain Water - 8 Chooks - North of Geelong Victoria
relaxedcamper
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Re: Urban Myth ? - Dont Sleep Under Your Fuse Box/Inverter.

Postby Joey » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:12 am

Yep I think you are on to something here relaxedcamper , it's uncanny you mention this because every time I walk past my inverter the EMF's force me to turn my head and look at the meter ?
On the EMF's in the bedroom this has to be true , we have power points on both sides of the bed head and I have noticed that at night if I lay down on my bed I suddenly fall to sleep , the fields on my wife's side of the bed are obviously coming from the meter side because they appear much stronger causing her to snore at times!

The meter box is another story , there is no way I can sit under it without extreme pain through my rear end , I always thought it was the cactus plant growing under it , but now I realize if I cover the meter box in lead to seal in the EMF's it should be much more comfortable , Oh before anyone even suggests it I will also cover the key hole !!
If anyone is worried about their panels putting off the much more harmful DC induced EMF , this can be easily overcome with an old Satellite dish connected to the frame and pointing towards the Australian Feng Shui distributors in Canberra.

My investigations are still ongoing and don't want to reveal to much at the moment concerning the links between EMF's , Feng Shui and Climate Change but I have been told for a small grant the connections will be made solid :)
News just in ! Just been informed that if I want color graphs made to confirm the above it is going to cost extra , climatologist endorsements are also available if funds are transferred via western union or posted directly to a PO box in Nigeria, This shouldn't be an issue at all as I have an ongoing business relationship with the cousin of the late Insunn Ubi Udabi who is sending me 16.6 million dollars US soon.
Joey
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby yoyo1 » Wed May 05, 2010 9:08 pm

Wait! whats going on? he said he's going to send ME the $16.6 million.

Seriously though, a relative of mine is a retired electrician/linesman, and a bit ofa conspiracy theororist.
After I had my system installed he turned up with a handheld meter with three led lights, a green, a yellow and a red.This meter measures emf radiation and gives a warning concerning the strength of the field, red led is dangerous... you get the picture. We could not get a red led anywhere around the box or inverter (SMA SB 1100 in full swing at about 12.30 on a clear day) or switches, and a yellow only within about 15 cm of the front of the inverter, not the sides, top or bottom, which seemed to take some of the wind out of his sails.
yo
yoyo1
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Wed May 05, 2010 9:23 pm

There is no doubt EMFs extend out from high power devices/high current carrying wires. The question is how much effect it has on us... the big unknown.
The extent of the fields is quite large, the 33 or 66Kv (not sure what it is) line that runs through the front of my block induces voltage in my multimeter leads out to well over 150m. I just dangle the leads vertically and walk towards the lines, it induces a few millivolts near the house, to several volts close to the lines. Trees seem to negate the effect though, the induced voltage with a tree between me and the power lines drops to near zero.
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby Tracker » Wed May 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Gordon-Loomberah wrote: it induces a few millivolts near the house, to several volts close to the lines.

I have wondered what it would be like to live in THAT house with the empty block beside, with the 11Kv lines down the middle .... I wondered how it would be if I ran a heavy cable along the humble-paling-fence and how much power could be induced.. ( 'suppose you'd run it right around the block to form a single turn
Forget SOLAR power - this is GOD power - manner from Heaven.. :lol:

You could not loose.. If they "Caught You" you would just say - But-You guaranteed that there was no danger and not hazardous fields ????

More seriously, I wonder how many people actually do lose sleep worrying about the waves getting into their heads and all whilst lying on an electric blanket?
Tracker
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Inspector » Thu May 06, 2010 1:16 am

yoyo1 wrote:After I had my system installed he turned up with a handheld meter with three led lights, a green, a yellow and a red.

Does the Roads and Traffic Authority know that someone's knocking off their modern LED traffic lights and convincing unsuspecting people that they're the latest whizz-bang EMF meter? :)
"The standard you walk past is the standard you accept".
Inspector
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Joey » Thu May 06, 2010 2:19 am

Gordon-Loomberah wrote:There is no doubt EMFs extend out from high power devices/high current carrying wires. The question is how much effect it has on us... the big unknown.
The extent of the fields is quite large, the 33 or 66Kv (not sure what it is) line that runs through the front of my block induces voltage in my multimeter leads out to well over 150m. I just dangle the leads vertically and walk towards the lines, it induces a few millivolts near the house, to several volts close to the lines. Trees seem to negate the effect though, the induced voltage with a tree between me and the power lines drops to near zero.

EMF's are everywhere , try hanging your multimeter leads near a TV flyback transformer , or a hair dryer , or you can even manually produce your own by coiling up an extension lead and putting a load on it , many of things much closer to you can produce way more EMF's than the HV lines that are normally much further away.

Just imagine the law suits against power providers if EMF's could actually harm us. , Ironically the most powerful man made EMF's are used in medicine called "MRI" Magnetic resonance imaging.
yoyo1's relative would blow the lights out of his meter near one of these things :)
Joey
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby yoyo1 » Fri May 07, 2010 7:57 pm

yoyo1 wrote:
After I had my system installed he turned up with a handheld meter with three led lights, a green, a yellow and a red.

inspector wrote
Does the Roads and Traffic Authority know that someone's knocking off their modern LED traffic lights and convincing unsuspecting people that they're the latest whizz-bang EMF meter?

Dont worry, they will never know, he sent away for some plans and is currently constructing a special ray gun that will miniaturise them so they will fit in his pocket and be out of sight of the satelite spy cameras.
And, hee hee, this ray gun has the added ability to make womens clothing invisible! :shock: It said so in the ad on the back page of the comic book.
yo
yoyo1
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Return to Off topic chatter