Whole House Fan - my most important green upgrade to my home

General tips, questions and answers about going green in your home and business. Achieve a more environmentally friendly lifestyle!

Whole House Fan - my most important green upgrade to my home

Postby silver0202 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:01 pm

I installed a Whole House Fan in my home to reduce the time I need to run my air conditioning. I recently posted a youtube video on my system to show how it works. A Whole House Fan can be used as an A/C alternative whenever the outside temperature is lower than your inside temperature. It blows the existing air into the attic and draws cooler fresh air through a window into your home.

My Whole House Fan run on a fraction of electricity compared to my A/C. I have a price comparison chart in the video.

If you have questions about Whole House Fans, how much they save you on your electricity bill or install please take a look at my video...
thx, Boogi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpUxEiem7U8&list=PLmhpyyF-vdr8pfk1wD0NgEIvqETJ5sAlv
silver0202
Solar Supporter
Solar Supporter

Re: Whole House Fan - my most important green upgrade to my

Postby Tracker » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:43 pm

I still wonder just how effective they would be, in Australia, in summer, when the air outside is hot for most all of the day.. ie it does not really cool in the evening

I would like to draw the air from under the floor, where it is noticeably cooler, but I do worrie about DAMP caused fungi spore that does grow there..
Retired Engineer and keen PV experimenter - Always ready to learn and share.
2 x CMS2000 (fan cooled) GCI and SE 170W panels
1.7kW First Solar/Outback Island circuit - Peak Replacement Power
Governments won't save the world :-) They will just TAX it :-(
Tracker
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Return to Living Green