Tesla Model S pricing for Australia released

Into electric cars, hydrogen engines, biodiesel; in fact any sort of alternative fuel vehicle? Here's the place for you - questions, tips, resources and electric car/alternative fuel vehicle news.

Re: Tesla Model S pricing for Australia released

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:22 pm

jparrie wrote:Going for a test drive in Feb, that's how busy they are since setting up shop in St Leonards.

My brother was in the area yesterday and called in to look at one after closing time; somone came out and offered him a test drive, even though he explained he couldn't afford to buy one. He plans to take up the offer though!
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby offgridQLD » Fri May 01, 2015 3:27 pm

Tesla just announced pricing for there power wall $3000USD for 7kWh battery storage. They announced a 10kwh version for $3600 but along side is said (weekly cycling) only the 7kwh version had ( daily cycling).

Technology
Wall mounted, rechargeable lithium ion battery with liquid thermal control.
Models
10 kWh $3,500
For backup applications
7 kWh $3,000
For daily cycle applications
Warranty
Ten year warranty with an optional ten year extension.
Efficiency
92% round-trip DC efficiency
Power
2.0 kW continuous, 3.3 kW peak
Voltage
350 – 450 volts
Current
5 amp nominal, 8.5 amp peak output
Compatibility
Single phase and three phase utility grid compatible.
Operating Temperature
-4°F to 110°F / -20°C to 43°C
Enclosure
Rated for indoor and outdoor installation.
Installation
Requires installation by a trained electrician. AC-DC inverter not included.
Weight
220 lbs / 100 kg
Dimensions
52.1" x 33.9" x 7.1"
130 cm x 86 cm x 18 cm
Certifications
UL listed

Though my understanding is its just for load shifting.
http://www.teslamotors.com/powerwall

That's $428 US - kwh I guess it includes some kind of a inverter and other things but not a ground breaking price drop for stationary storage. You would need 3 of them to run a average house totally.

Kurt
Offgrid 2008, Selectronic PS1 6kw/48v inverter, x 2 Midnite solar classic 150 MPPT, 3960w NE PV 24 x 165w BP panels, 4200w NW PV 21 x 200w DAQO PV, 16x400ah lithium.
offgridQLD
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Fri May 01, 2015 3:38 pm

No inverter is included with it. As I just posted in antoher Lithium thread, the 43C top operating temperature could be a problem.

That pricing isn't retail- it will be a whole lot more by the time it gets here, although once the Gigafactory is operating at full production, I'd hope the price would come down a fair bit.
http://gunagulla.com Loomberah weather and astronomy including live solar radiation intensity and UV + Gunagulla aquaponics, organic eggs and cherries
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby offgridQLD » Fri May 01, 2015 3:51 pm

Yes the Au price wont be a simple exchange rate conversion it will be more than the US list price like the cars.

Yes I was saying it has a inverter and other accessory in the package. Though given its only a 3kw inverter pr unit at exchange rate comparisons it works out at over 10k for three of them (20kwh) and I guess 9kwh of inverter potential? Would be nice to know what the inverter can do . I assume its just a grid tie style inverter?

Ten year warranty with an optional ten year extension
. that part sounds promising :)

Kurt
Offgrid 2008, Selectronic PS1 6kw/48v inverter, x 2 Midnite solar classic 150 MPPT, 3960w NE PV 24 x 165w BP panels, 4200w NW PV 21 x 200w DAQO PV, 16x400ah lithium.
offgridQLD
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Fri May 01, 2015 4:25 pm

You must be reading a different press release ;)

The Powerwall is available in 10kWh, if wanted for backup applications, or 7kWh if optimised for daily use applications. Tesla says it will sell these batteries to installers for $US3,500 for 10kWh and $US3,000 for the 7kWh.
This excludes the price of inverters and installation.

It will consist of a lithium-ion battery pack, liquid thermal control system and software that receives dispatch commands from a solar inverter. It can be mounted on the wall and is integrated with the local grid.
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Postby Bthree » Fri May 01, 2015 4:41 pm

From the spec in the above link .. not exactly ELV, 24/48 volt friendly without reconfiguration
Voltage 350 – 450 volts
Current 5 amp nominal, 8.5 amp peak output
Network = Powercor .. Retailer = Origin .. Installed Christmas 2008
Latronics PV-1200 feed by 8xTrina TSM DC-01 .. 170watt = 1360watts DC in .. 1096watts AC out .. 5+years later 990watts ac out
Bthree
Solar Crusader
Solar Crusader

Postby Gordon-Loomberah » Fri May 01, 2015 4:57 pm

Indeed- looks to be solely aimed at grid-connected - load-shifting and backup/UPS market.
Gordon-Loomberah
Community Moderator

Previous

Return to Electric/Alternative Fuel Vehicles